1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Effigy?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Old Man of UO, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Curious - I was out looking for Honesty virtue items to turn in and ran across this home. I'm not sure if this is new, but this is the first time I've seen it, located at the south end of Fire Island on LS.

[​IMG]

2. Kayne

Kayne Guest

That looks like what they used to do to cheaters houses when they found them. Draconi loved doing it.

Maybe that or an EM event

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I know its been around a few weeks found it a while back

4. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thats Cool.. and it does look exactly like what they did to exploiters.

5. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

*sits back, closes eyes and remembers Draconi's wrath on Atlantic Luna houses that were known for that very thing* :D

6. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Those were the days of very visible acts of getting rid of the cheats in game. We never got told what or who but we could see the end result every time

7. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I believe the round of mass house burnings, they DID tell us in total how much in duped gold they had removed... well into the 10s of billions if I remember correctly.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Not to mention that the majority of the houses burned back then belonged to one person, who had 2-4 houses per shard, 1 each being an ingot & BOD reseller with outrageous prices (the rest being storage for the shop), and that he tended to daily (or more often) buy out the stock of every ingot and leather vendor he could find, in order to keep his shops the only ones stocked. One can imagine the tens of millions of ingots and tens of thousands of runics that got deleted at the same time.

My alliance leader's 12 or 13 year old (at the time) son actually managed to luck into getting the Luna burning house plot on LA - he just happened to be there at the right time, and Mesanna and her team were there invisibly smiting the placement scripters as they popped up. She decloaked and congratulated him when he placed. It's now our auction house and alliance gathering spot.

9. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

it was tens of trillions, not billions.

10. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

still a few of these left on Napa, they were sposed to be removed awhile back while draconi was still around, they just didnt get around to them all i guess!

11. Personally I'd love it if they'd have the account's main hanging by the neck from a scaffold.

12. I would agree except that character names in UO are not unique, and could unfairly taint an honest player's name.

13. Capn Kranky

Capn Kranky Guest

And on LA. Gee, that was a fun thing to watch.

14. KingHen

KingHen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You know... now that I think about it, I haven't seen these in awhile. I remember a couple being in luna on Chessy awhile back. lol

15. Kayne

Kayne Guest

I actually cant remember seeing any on Europa at all but then I only visit Luna if I really have to. Usually buy my stuff on Umbra road or from random locations if I can get away with it