1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Election Laws... Blah...

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by iLLegal Means, Dec 12, 2013.

1. iLLegal Means

iLLegal Means Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

ok... I need to rant... I understand one vote per account (actually makes sense since you can only promote one town in Theory)... but the point where you need to be respected to be able to vote is a rip off IMHO. Not everyone can afford to pay the 100k or more to reach respected or the time to gather the resources to turn in. IMHO any citizen of a town should be able to vote no matter their standing in said town. If you going to make it one vote per account... then allow a town citizen to vote no matter their standing. It is my understanding the voting for Governor was to promote Community interest, but what incentive does a new player have to become a citizen of a town if they can't vote or use the trade deal till they have reached respected standing in said town.

Thanks for letting me rant and rave... but I think the current law sucks...

2. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Realistically if you cannot scrape together 100k in UO your doing something wrong even as a new player. I remember 15 years ago 50k was a good bit of farming but I regularly bought VANQ weapons at that price so even then......

3. iLLegal Means

iLLegal Means Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

uh.. that is kinda my point... is a new player going to spend their gold on citizenship or use it to buy armor, weapons, or lord forbid a house plot.

4. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

I think the goal of making people be at respected level to vote was so candidates couldn't walk into new haven and bring an army of new players to vote for them at the last second...it definitely didn't work since people are just giving them ingots to donate before they vote...but at least the developers are trying new things to make the elections more fair.

Lady CaT, Zynia and EM_Bennu like this.
  5. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've been having a blast campaigning. Dropping clothes, sitting in town and reaching out to the players that pass by. Hopefully hard work pays off.

Lady CaT likes this.
  6. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm....

Yes promote interest in your community. Some player/governor/group has organized and sacrificed time to promote the city and pay for those trade deals.

You think you should just be able to walk into a city and take advantage of that without any contribution or commitment on your part?

If you can't even gather enough resources to at least make yourself respectable within a city then why should the city allow you to influence its leadership or have access to its trade deals? Who is doing the rip off again?

whiterabbit likes this.