1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Event NPCs: Beware of Overfeeding [Bug]

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Adol, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ok, I've had an hour or two with the new event on Europa, running around my home town of Yew, and I can state there is a problem with how they work... as you approach them, you can sometimes see them flicker between a normal NPC identity and the Protesters one, at least in the Enhanced client. There also seems to be an issue with them even when their identity stays visibly consistent; So follow these steps to avoid losing too much gold to them;

1.) Drop either 1000k gold or 25 fish steaks onto them ONLY. If they are actually a different identity at the point you do so, they'll eat an entire pile. I've had one take 14k gold, another eat a pile of 2000 fish steaks despite being a blue Protester, where as about 10 others so far alone have continued to stuff their faces when fed.

2.) After you've done this, in a normal situation, you can drop a single fish steak or gold coin into them. They should normally state you cannot help them any further and refuse to take it. Sometimes though they'll eat it all with no message. In this case they have swapped back to a normal NPC, even if their name is still Protester, so don't give them anything more.

3.) Sometimes however you get the "You are praised" message again and can keep dropping, dropping, dropping it on them to get the message over and over without it being eaten at all. Whether this is allowing extra reputation or not, I'm not sure yet. But eventually they'll flip back to a default NPC and eat the lot again. Don't give them more at this point.

4.) GREY, FIRE SETTING, GARBAGE DROPPING PROTESTERS ALWAYS SEEM TO EAT THE LOT. Don't give them anything.

The rope's seem to work fine, and as a roleplay setting, it's quite an interesting situation, at least to me! Just be careful of the issues around the blue protesters above! Also.... has the banner for Yew always been besides Heartwood portal?

2. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure what server you are on, none on atlantic. Would post on your shards forum about the banner.

3. Adol

Adol Certifiable

It's apparently at every loyalty town on Europa. They look like this...

[​IMG]

Intriguing!

4. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

This is why I don't drop whole stacks of ANYTHING onto an npc.

One piece of food at a time, 2-3 times THEN a stack and they will usually only take 12 or so more. Same with gold...one gold coin at a time 2-3 times THEN a stack and they will only take 12 or so more..I have been doing this since Origin got the publish 2 weeks ago? And it's been the same every time.

Though you get more loyalty if you just drop one item on them at a time. Sure it's more time consuming but if you want the loyalty, that's the best way to do it.

Also..Rioters are ALREADY rioting, which means they are already past the point of wanting anything but blood lol so don't ever try to give them anything, they are unreasonable and just need to be apprehended and turned in to the proper authorities.

5. Righteous

Righteous Guest

The banner showed up in Moonglow after I worked it for about 2 hours.

6. popps

popps Always Present

Is there a way to set up a macro in the Classic Client, using UOAssist, that feeds them automatically 1 gp or 1 fish steak at a time ?

How ?

7. Adol

Adol Certifiable

*bump*

I ran into an infinitely feedable due to bouncing back the food NPC again today, so I've just sat for 30 minutes constantly feeding it and getting the "praised" response. However I haven't yet raised to Adored level in reputation, Hence I conclude one of the following is likely the case;

1.) It's not actually awarding town reputation, despite the message that it does.

2.) Assuming an average time of 2 seconds between each bouncing of fish off his head, that's 30 mins times 30 feedings, or 900 feedings approximately. Thus the points reward for feeding, if it's being counted, is extremely low...

3.) Or you can't get to Adored with feeding. I'll keep an eye on this later as I play normally.

But which ever it is, it seems not worth bothering with the broken NPCs for now.

8. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Will test this..I just started my crafter in Moonglow, she's currently commended there.

Will feed stacks of Fish Steaks only see what happens :)\

Update:

Have fed 18 protestors nothing but fish steaks, I am still commended and they are still protesting.

On my other 2 characters I give food, coins and clothing and my loyalty has gone up rather quickly thus far.

9. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

its 1000 gold or 25 fish or a combo.
    sometimes it isnt quite enough so here is what i do.
    use stack of food 200 (keep rest in another stack)
    drop the stack on them.
    use another stack of gold (say 200 gold)
    drop that stack of gold onto them (they been taking 10 gold)

this will convert them to normal but it takes up to 30 seconds for them to change.

my stacks of food have been ribs

this way you can do all at once and if something happens you wont lose very much.

lorddog

10. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

That's exactly what I do.

A combo of food and coin seems to work best for me. Food first, if they don't take any more food but continue to protest give them coin and that should appease them.

11. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I've not had any trouble with just food.

20 of the round loaves of bread from provisioners is the exact amount needed for protestors.