1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New faction POF?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Kotan, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't seen or read anything about it yet.. the new items you can't use traditional POF on; so what about this new faction POF?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

3. Lord Kotan

Stratics Veteran

Can you repair/restore the item with repair deeds? or do you HAVE to use the powder? and in the future, do they plan to ever re-create rune beetle capraice?

4. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can only repair the faction armor with the faction powder.

Power of Perseverance.. i believe it's called.

5. Lord Kotan

Stratics Veteran

if we wear the item down to 0/40; will the powder still move it up to 225?

6. Beefybone

Beefybone Visitor

I really like how this is all a transparent WoW ripoff, except the rewards eventually get taken away after you use them a whole lot. But hey, there's no leveling curve in UO and thus no slow path of numerous upgrades, and you need to keep players doing something, right?

Of course if you guys had any actual understanding of UO and weren't just trying to clone every other MMO on the market, you might be able to design for a game without a strict leveling curve. Rather than letting it drive you insane, as it clearly has.

The fact that you even floated the idea of raising skill caps yet again was a hilarious indicator of this. After all, level-based MMOs raise the level cap with expansions! Same thing, right?!

I already have a WoW account. I log into UO to play UO, not some broken down Super Nintendo version of WoW.

7. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I always said UO needs more Ultima injected into it. Removing items? Too drastic. But adding EVEN MORE!? Insane!

I won't even comment on how much of UO is actually WoW, LOL.. And only the worse parts too.
    I think they gave the good stolen ideas to Warhammer and all of WoW's stolen ideas that sucked, they gave to UO.

And I like how one of the Devs said they are gonna bring back Ultima in UO in that Town Hall.

Clueless. Absolutely.

8. Beefybone

Beefybone Visitor

I like WoW battlegrounds and getting honor points. But the smack-talking speedhacking "I spent 300 mil on my suit" sewer which is UO PVP, with a clumsy imitation of WoW bolted on? No thanks.

Anymore I'm half-convinced they should let this game die. They're just torturing it now.