1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] New Garg Arties Need Armor Pieces with DCI

Discussion in 'UO Test Center' started by Obsidian, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I spent last night trying to work up a suit using Excel for a future gargoyle sampire character. I scoured the list of SA arties and came to a realization; there are no Gargoyle Armor pieces with DCI. This creates a problem trying to max DCI at 45. There are only two setups I could devise:

- Ring (imbued): 15 DCI
    - Bracelet (imbued): 15 DCI
    - Converted Quiver of Infinity: 5 DCI
    - Conjurer's Garb: 5 DCI
    - Tangle: 5 DCI

or

- Ring (imbued): 15 DCI
    - Bracelet (imbued): 15 DCI
    - Converted Quiver of Infinity: 5 DCI
    - Slither: 10 DCI
    NOTE: This setup will not let you use a Primer on Arms or Conjurer's Trinket

There are lots of shields and wepons with DCI, but a character with bushido cannot use a shield and none of the weapons have SSI, HML, and HSL (which I consider requirements for this sort of character). With both of the above mentioned DCI setups it is going to take some time to obtain those pieces at the current drop rate. What is missing in the artie lineup (which has some awesome pieces) is some armor for gargoyles with DCI on it. It would be nice if we could have a Fey Leggings equivalent (or be able to modify fey leggings). That was a UOML Minor Artificat and would be a welcome addition to the current SA arties set. Anyways, that is my feedback to the developers... please give a us a future garg armor piece with DCI.

-OBSIDIAN-

P.S. If anyone has found a better way to max garg DCI at 45 I'd appreciate hearing what items you are using. Thanks!

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I believe they are still working on making more items convertible to gargs especialy arties! but for now I do agree gargs in general need work

3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

... Folded Steel Glasses.
    Faction folded steel for an obscene amount of DCI.

Plenty of DCI if you use a shield. Being a bushido practitioner doesn't render one incapable of using a shield... merely parrying with one, which is inessential anyway, apparently.

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Ah, thank you, Miner. I had forgotten about those glasses. Let me see if I can work that into the plan. That solves the night sight issue too.

-OBSIDIAN-

5. Saint of Killers

Stratics Veteran

I can't even wear converted folded steel glasses, or a converted ranger's cloak. I crash every time I log on with those items.