1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Haven Question

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Reinzeld, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I decided to work up a new character, and I decided to go to New Haven and do a few of those quests to see what they're like. While killing things in Old Haven, I looted a pair of regular leather leggings with 60 resists on them.

Is this normal?? I don't have very good equipment, and this pair of leggings is the second best I have now, and they can still be enhanced. Should I spend more time around Haven? Can this kind of loot be gained there?

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

That's definitely not the norm from what I've seen. Maybe the monster you killed looted it from another character's corpse.

3. That's not normal, but really, really good. Was it a normal foe or Drelgor? Drelgor is a skeleton but carries a shield as well and casts in addition to melee.

4. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It was a zombie, I believe. It was my very first trip towards old Haven, and in the small clearing (if you head right and a big down (more or less ESE)) just before you get to the old buildings.

I thought it might've been looted off a player, but it doesn't make much sense. Do those Haven creatures even loot? Plus, to be that good, it isn't insured and wasn't enhanced.

I'm very confused. I fought there for hours, trying to find more :O, but with no luck.

5. If it were possible, I'd say frame it for posterity! You got a nice one there.

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

yeah, that is definitely a fluke - much like the time in Moonglow when a Mongbat wandered into my house, I killed it, and looted 86 luck bone arms off it (back when 86 was impressive, before enhancing)

Drelgor the Impaler is a nice one to farm, as he occasionally gives some high-resist bone pieces (a special drop). I'm trying to get the full set, and enhance them, for my necromancer to wear as a show-off suit.

7. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

A fair number of people who only stay in Trammel and/or are just starting out don't insure stuff. If someone received a donated suit and then ran into trouble, it's completely possible they dropped their whole suit and a monster looted it and they didn't notice what happened or didn't know they could get it back.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!