1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEW Hotel

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Scopulus Falco, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Hail all,My Alt(Drake Ta'Kier) has been made Co Leader to NEW, and im building a free Hotel for them to use till they get there own place.I am by far rich( dont even have a Mil if that tells you how poor i am)So im asking for any donation from you all.And for anyone that donates gold and Deco items for the Hotel, Your name will be put in a book as a donor,for all to see.I can do this my self but it would not be as nice as it could be.Deco is needed more than anything but gold is needed as well.My ICQ is 558-509-815, or PM me if you would like to help out.

Thank you all that help make SP the best place to play UO.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I have 1 million that I will invest in this endeavor. It is from the retired Siege Vet fund which I have seem to be the treasurer of... I am not sure how that happened.

3. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you need any plants for deco, let me know. Lord knows I'm up to my eyeballs in seeds :)

I mostly just have the new plants right now, but if needed I'll gather some of the legacy ones too

4. hehe im getting there my self (old that is)and your donation is very welcome.PM me to were we shall meet .

5. Aye there is to be garden a 4x 15.as you walk on the foundation.ICQ me or PM to meet plz

6. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

well i dunno if i can commit to money donations or anything but you know you always have my services of help :thumbsup:

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Oh yeah! PM me the location.

8. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

awesome. i had a hotel once at the brit mtn passage. had a few residents for awhile...till i ate them!! hehe

Congrats on the new hotel! Will there be a grand opening?? Will there be a pool...maybe you should rent rooms to those who can afford it also!

Ohh make a honeymoon suite!!! Ari and Skylar might need one in the future!

Make a drop box at Fanta's shop for people to drop checks in.

9. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ill rent a room >:)

10. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Like whatever you need for like Looms/Anvils/water troughs/Abbitars/Stone Tables/Stretched Hide Deeds/Wooden Steeds/ Any of That Crystal Stuff and The Evil Stuff.....let me know, I h ave tons of that stuff left over at the castle, Ill let you thumb through it all and take what you need....PM me or just post here a good time you wanna drop by

11. Wow thank you all for the help.Elmer id love to go through your stuff that you want to donate.
    Kelmo, and any one else that wants to know, it is west of Gilfane over the bridge, west from the brigand camp.
    As far as renting out,I have to see how many NEW we get 1st, then renting will be open and cheap(5000 a week)if we have rooms.I have to tell any one this thought ( lock pickers can not stay there, NEW or no NEW,to risky for every one living there)So please respect that and dont try to scam me. I will find out who did it if do, so plz dont do it .

12. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hey falco...

2 questions.

How do you plan on accommodating multiple players? Preventing jerkish newbs from robbing others...?

I really wish they would bring back something similar to those old 'strongboxes' where they were only accessible by that player and the owner of the house... that was some good dev thinking (except for the 25 item limit crap)

maybe the EMs could help set something up?

13. I gave that some thought. And this is what i came up with.I friend players(NEW or paying customers).I give them keys to the boxes that go to the boxes to there rooms, they lock them down in there rooms, no one can un lock what they lock down, sept them, or me I think, now like I said, I cant have any lock pickers renting (,NEW or no NEW).And if i get some one that wants to rob a NEW player I will find out with Forensics eval as to who did it and from there we know how to treat that dirt bag right?

14. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

how do u treat that dirtbag?

15. well how do you think the SHARD should treat that dirt bag?

16. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

If the key is in a keyring, they do not have to unlock it to use it to unlock their box.

If they keep expensive stuff in the box, it may be a good idea to use detect hidden in house before unlocking the box.

Also lockdown a book with their name in their room, this way, you won't forget who live there and you can easy drop them a message.

Good luck with the hotel

17. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

i think most of it wouldnt care

18. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think I'd be right in saying, if you secure a box and they lock it, secured boxes can't be lockpicked. It would be better, maybe, than having to unlock the box from its locked down status every time they wanted something out of it?

I'll give you any items that are on my five & dime vendor, just tell me what you want.

19. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Never heard of those, but even with the 25 item limit (crappy though it's be) it'd be better than nothing. Save them a run to the bank. 100 would be better. 125 would be fantastic.

20. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I had been running hotels like this several times, I had never had trouble with dishonorable players. With a locked chest to each, the options to lock down a few deco thing in their room, there is not much chance to rob each others.

My biggest problem was players who went inactive and their left over items.

If you not are in guild with the people living in your house, it's very hard to know if they play or not.

If I ever do it again, I will demand a small fee, they need to lockdown each month so I can see they are alive.

Strongboxes was nice as they did not take of your storage. Let each strongbox hold 125 items and take up 4 vendor slots from the house.
    The biggest problem with strongboxes was, you had to make the users to co-owners, friend should be enough and the owner can't have a house on the shard.

21. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Will the place have a kitchen and dining area? I want some freshly slain "lamb chops"! *grins*

NEW are my little lambs. *evil grin*

22. Aislin*SP

Aislin*SP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I ran a small boarding house for NEW once. Most of them just needed a place to put practice skill gain (magery, etc), and a place to store their LRC suit when not using it. Everything else they took to the bank.

Like Freja said - the biggest issue was with people who quit or otherwise just left their stuff without coming back for it or letting me know to trash it or pass it on.

-- Aislin

23. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I never thought that was a problem. If you were going to make your house a hotel... then go all the way.

You know what I can't stand about customizable housing... is how much it's taken away from the potential houses used to have.

You can't even lock doors with keys any more... it's all context menu BS.

I thought another really cool thing that this hotel could of used to make it happen was rooms all locked by doors with different keys. Give a key to a person in that room (they could have secured chests that they could access with their own set of keys to them) for added security.

So much potential lost on trammies and rules tailored to them.

24. FrejaSP

Oh that's the problem, you want to be able to steal or kill and loot their key :lick:

25. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I had thought about taking on patients when I was going to do the "hospital". Was going to friend people, and let them lock down a box them self in their room. No keys. As someone mentioned keys can be looted.
    Only people that can get in a locked down box are the person that locked it and the owner of the house.
    As mentioned, always detect hidden first.....especially if the house is public.
    Also they will have to remember they will need to unlock each individual item in the box to remove something. It's a bit of a pain, but it's the best way to go I think.
    It's tricky, but I think it's something that is needed on Siege.

26. FrejaSP

The key can't be looted when the owner of the box lock it down in a keyring side by the box. It so not have to be unlocked to unlock/lock the box.
    Only the one who lockdown the key in keyring and the house owner can click on it to lock/unlock box.
    As long the box is unlocked, there is a risk, that a friended stealter can look in the box and grap something but a stealther will have to open the door to get in the room.
    People only accessed to the house is no threat as they can access a friend secure box locked or not.

27. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

28. Ok so i Secure the boxes, that have keys, they lock the key down,and all they need to do is use detect hidden, right?

29. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

That, and make sure they KNOW real valuables belong in the bank. Until they get their own house. *smiles*

30. Thanks,Kelmo

By the way, i lost my furniture dye tub(In the move), i will trade any one for my rune book dye tub and a leather dye tub for one.

Thank you if you can help.

31. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I got a spare furniture tub in the retired Siege vet fund. Really, folks retire and give me stuff... The deal is to use it for the shard. A dye tub I can do.

32. Thanks AGAIN! sir.,I need a midnight nap though,, so just PM me as to what the best time to meet you and were plz.

33. The NEW hotel is done.Now I need nice DECO the most( tokens would be the best) I have enough gold to buy 2.But if anyone would like to donate that be great. My ICQ is 558-509-815, or PM me.

P.S. There are two rooms that will be rented to paying customers(they will be friends of the Hotel.(back ground check must be done before renting)NEW members rooms are done and free of charge to them.They will have guild only rooms.Paying customers have bigger rooms and more space to put there things.

34. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

What are you looking for in tokens?

35. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I got a ton of deco junk taking up space. I can give you some strethced hides, rocks, other small deco items, I can give you virtue marties to lock down, i know the spot, ill try and meet up with ya on the weekend, as this week in camp, im not playing UO

36. Well with the gold you gave me I bought 2 haritage tokens, and Elf gave me another mil so i know i can buy 6 more I believe , thats what id like for the hotel.That way i can pick what looks nice for the place, ya know?

37. Thank you Jesus, but i have to many peeps dropping off things that is taking up way to much space.I just want the place to look nice.The Hotel is not a place to drop off donations for NEW.(other than to make the place classy :D )it is for them to live in a nice place as they grow.Sorry if I come off snooty but my main goal it give them a nice place to live.But if you want to donate please by all means take your stuff to the NEW HQ. Thank you for the offer.

38. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*chuckles* You should have just asked... I still have dozens of heritage tokens.

39. Sir I will give all the gold that has been given to me for this goal, for what you are willing to give me.:thumbsup:
    By the way would you be so kinds as to PM me your ICQ?

40. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

i would like to be a patient in ur hospital ;)

41. Wrong thread to be hitting on pretty girls.Please take it else were. hehe

42. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

when did u become the forum police :talktothehand:

43. I started it, so I guess it was mine. but if you want to take it that bad, you can have it and I will start a new one,Im not trying to take your UO girl from you so dont fret.lol Get a life....

44. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

How about a crystal set?

45. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

so serious.......

46. Nay my friend.but thank you. But if you have the evil furniture , Falco will buy it from you after I start makeing gold for my self again.(after NEW Hotel is done):thumbsup:

47. Albertus

Albertus Guest

It would be nice if the Dev team can improve the security on houses by adding something like: "Set Security - Friends and then you see a list of options like:
    - All Friends
    - Kage
    - Fanta

etc....

You get what I mean. That would be great and easier to make Hotels in the game. ;-)

48. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ill check if I have any evil furni. I got a ton of decor, I consider junk, cause well I dont use it. Not much for decor. I know I should have some skull candles. But as far as stuff for the hotel, is there anything u want in perticular? I got some potted plants, broken chairs etc. Not sure what your theme is. I also have quiet a few para chests. Some blacks, not too many whites. I guess I should sort my stuff, its sitting in a spare house

49. Yes that would be great.But I have it worked out well.We will get by safely, for the most part,I think I have it covered.(back ground check needed (thanks CHEAP SUIT)

50. Ya that be great for Falco,If you can find Evil deco.But for the hotel, the only thing we need now is the heritage tokens now.I can buy 6 with what has been donated .If you have them.