1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New house customization problem?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nyses, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So, I placed a new house today on one of my accounts. I begin to lay out the tiles to build the house and all is good, until...............

............. I tried to go to the 2nd level of the home to customize it and I get a message that, that is an "invalid level selected for your house", and thus I cannot build the 2nd, 3rd, or 4rd floors of my house.

Anyone else having this problem? oh and I did change the foundation style already.

thanks.

2. Are you sure your character is on the 2nd level and not the first?

3. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The char is only on the 1st level, the ability to get to the 2nd, and beyond is not functioning. :(

4. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I have never had this problem, but have you tried to restart UO? Also, are you switching between accounts? I have have many unusual things happen when changing accounts without restarting UO.

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

just tried on test center and Legends ~ both places worked fine

6. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I just tried on my plot that I haven't built anything on yet and didn't have any problems going to the 2nd level to customize it. Have you logged out and back in to see if that helps?

7. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I already submitted a bug report, guess I will toss a movie in and page the GM's lol.

8. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Where did you place your house? I know theres a spot on fire island where you can't build over a floor.

9. Vierna_GL

Vierna_GL Guest

I get this error if I don't have the proper support for the bottom floor, ie something that will hold up the second floor. You will typically see the area thats having a problem highlighted in orange as well.

I hope this is working for you soon, I place a new home over the weekend and had no problems customizing it.

10. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Good call, I placed on Fire Island. It has to be the spot, since I could go to the difffernt floors of the old (now Decaying) house.