1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New houses would be awesome!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gunsmoke, May 10, 2015.

1. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Adventurer

i remember when new houses where created by uo (log cabin, large marble etc) how awesome it was when someone got to placed it and how kwel it looked. Now, yes i know there is customizing houses but its not the same because when the designers make there house there able to do alot of things players cant do (curved tiles dont match up, stairs are completely awful) as a couple examples. i think it would be kwel if some new designs where made. i know alot of people who rather give up the storage just to have a large tower becuz of its looks.

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I always thought they should run a contest to design a house for a few difference sizes. Like they did with the banks. That way peeps can still get an 18x18 and not turn it into a box if they lack design skill/interest.

Angel of Sonoma and Lord Frodo like this.
  3. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Making house designs transferable from the gifted would be a start and open up a new market. I know i would pay someone for a custom design i could load to my space without transferring or giving account info

4. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

they could possibly have it tied to the placement tool. have a "design mode" for the tool and you can make the house and save the design on the tool. then transfer the tool to whoever wants the design.

Dot_Warner and Angel of Sonoma like this.
  5. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That too!

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yep this would be cool.

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Oh I agree 100% Always thought we ought to be able to sell our hard work of design.

I would give up a castle and keep if I could get the storage of them in something smaller and customizable. In a HEART BEAT.

Angel of Sonoma likes this.
  8. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The Ultima Online Home Owners Association (UOHOA) should impose a hefty fine on people who live in Borg Cubes.

9. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

I'm totally for being able to sell/trade/give house blueprints, it would definitely help the design challenged! Personally, I hate making roofs and usually get Malag to do them for me :D

What I'd really like to get is the ability to overlap housing pieces so players can finally achieve some of the effects that you see in the cities. I'd also like stair pieces as single-tile elements, and bannisters that don't illogically block movement (I'd also like ALL the bannister pieces, we're missing quite a few) and look natural on the stairs. But then I'd like to get access to all the missing pieces... o.0

MalagAste and Lord Frodo like this.
  10. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I like the Idea. I would like to see some new alternatives with max storage. Mostly I would Like to see the current system revamped and all the tiles finished and new ones added.

11. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

I'd like to see all house sizes have the same storage as Castles. I pay the same price each month for my accounts as everyone else, so why shouldn't my storage be the same?