1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] New Idea (I Think)

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by chrisjwhite, Oct 2, 2008.

1. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

May 31, 2008
    Bee Hive + Nearby Plants = Auto Polination
  2. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

That's cute, but plants that can be pollinated self-pollinate on day 9, so I guess if you like surprises, you just just plant lots of stuff, leave it alone and see what the bees give you?

Is that the idea?

People who cross, are doing it because they want a specific plant, are trying to get to a subsequent plant, or are trying for a mutant I would think.

Not sure what the bees would add, except randomness. :)
  3. Lesa

Lesa Guest

Great idea! im going to put my bee hive on the roof with all the thorn producing plants i will soon be growing...hehe :)
  4. Fink

Fink Guest

I like it. :) Expanding on it..

Pollinating a plant from a beehive would cross the plant with a random colour/type of pollen that the bees have acquired in their travels. You'd set the desired "mother" plants nearby the hive, while the "father" is in this case the bees and their random pollen.

Maybe an advantage to using this is an increased chance of mutation? Maybe introduce some rare mutation colours such as ore hues? This wouldn't rob the "rare seed" colours from the naturalist quest. Ore hues would be subtle and co-ordinate with stone/metal decoration.