1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] New Imbuing Calculator!

Discussion in 'Craftsman's Data Chest' started by Zolaf, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hello.

I have created an excel-based imbue calculator. I was intending this to be a gift to UO, but because of access issues I have decided to post the following instead:

Functions:
    1997-2003 OR 2007 versions available.
    Drop down menu's for +skill, weapon speed, and armor type.
    Calculates intensities of Jewelry, Armor, Weapons, and Shields.
    Default Artifacts have been preloaded for easy use.
    Totals imbued properties (allows for non-imbued items to be added in).
    Tabulates necessary imbuing ingredients (assuming 100% success rate).
    All pages show the total mods for the suit for easy use.
    Runic kits for armor is now available by denoting "Text ##" instead of "##" under the crafted column. This should only be done for those resist that take up 1 of your 5 imbued mods.
    Upon errors, highlights cells in RED.

For those who wish to accept the file download via icq or through email, contact me at ICQ: 275-149-026 or email: [email protected]. Note that I would prefer you download it at the link provided! Please send this to your friends! I want everyone to be able to use it. Consider it a holiday gift.
    If errors are found, please let me know and I will post that it has been updated on this site.

-Zolaf from Catskills

#1 Zolaf, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This gives you an idea of what the tool looks like (Version 9.0)...
    Note, I have added a simplification option. You can hide the ingredients and prices if desired to avoid seeing the additional information.

Attached Files:

#2 Zolaf, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  3. Kibuka

Kibuka Guest

Zolaf really spent a lot of time on this. I am impressed! Thanks!

I am still testing it out, but so far, I couldn't ask for a better calculator. It is smart enough to know how other properties affect each other (SSI and Leeches) and tells you a summary of the ingredients you will need to make the items. I'm sure it is a work in progress, but it is a terrific start. It would be nice to see the imbuing success chances and maybe give an optimal order of imbuing so you can use the least expensive stuff last, but that is pretty easy to figure out on your own. Also, the calculator assumes the item is exceptional.

4. Quilnn

Quilnn Guest

AWESOME CALCULATOR! Just what I needed for my imbuing needs! A truly great program! :love:

5. anvira

anvira Guest

All I can say is WOW, thanks a bunch, this is awesome!!

6. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Version History:

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 1: 12/5/2010
    First version for beta testing.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 2: 12/7/2010
    Modifications:
    a) Added gems to all (Jewelry, Weapons, and Armor) Tabs.
    b) Removed "Balanced" and "Velocity" mods from melee weapons.
    c) Fixed a few spelling errors.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 3: 12/9/2010
    Modifications:
    a) Added 5 Armor slots to cover and entire imbued suit.
    b) Added a Armor Total Tab to show the total mods and ingredients required for a 100% success rate.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 4: 12/11/2010
    Modifications:
    a) Converted the Jewelry Tab into two Tabs: Ring and Bracelet to imbue two jewelry sets on one excel sheet.
    b) Changed all mod abbreviations into spelled out words to avoid confusion.

Armor Tab Modifications:
    c) Changed the "Armor #" Tabs to read "Helmet", "Gorget", etc to avoid confusion when trying to determine which piece of the suit you were working on.
    d) Added a "Crafted" column to destinguish between imbued and non-imbued to aid in determining the intensity rating.
    e) Added color tones to the resistances for clarity.

Total Materials Tab Modifications:
    f) Added all the major ingredients used and alphabetized them.
    g) Added a "Misc" column to include non-imbued items in the total mod calculation.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 5: 12/12/2010
    Modifications:
    a) Added a Version Number to the Instructions Tab for clarity.
    b) Resized all the tabs to maintain the same horizontal spacing.
    c) Altered some conditional formatting equations so they will correctly transfer when saved as a 1997-2003 file.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 6: 1/1/2011
    First version widely available. Functions as follows:
    a) 1997-2003 OR 2007 versions available
    b) Drop down menu's for +skill, weapon speed, and armor type.
    c) Calculates intensities of Jewelry, Armor, Weapons, and Shields
    d) Totals imbued properties (allows for non-imbued items to be added in)
    e) Tabulates necessary imbuing ingredients (assuming 100% success rate)
    f) Upon entering an impossible combination (such as adding too many mods or over the maximum intensity) the cells are highlighted in RED.

Modifications from version 5.0:
    g) Added a Shield Tab.
    h) Corrected the armor major ingredient for resistances from magical Residue to Enchanted Essence.
    i) Added a non-imbued tab to total all non-imbued items for clarity rather than a single column on the totals page.
    j) Corrected some word spacing issues.
    k) Added imbuing major ingredients needed for the Shield Tab to the Totals Tab.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 6.1: 1/29/2011
    Modifications for the Weapons tab:
    a) Corrected an error using Enchanted Essence for all minor slayers (only for Blood and Dragon Slayers)
    b) Corrected the Velocity Intensity equation modified to exclude 1-10 imbued values (not allowed in game)
    c) Added "Tourmaline" to the Velocity gem ingredients list

Modifications for the Armor Tab:
    a) Added maximum resists for different types of gargish armor (instead of just "gargish armor")
    b) Added maximum intensity differences between "exceptional" and "non-exceptional"

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 6.2: 2/6/2011
    a) Added required powder of fortification based on the item's durability.
    b) Added a "Price" tab to aid in determining the imbued price for both a minimum and maximum.
    c) Added a % Profit and gold total (minimum and maximum) to the "Totals" tab.
    d) Centered the "crafted" resistances on the armor tabs.
    e) Updated the Instructions tab to be more self-explanitory.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 6.2.1: 2/6/2011
    a) Fixed an glitch when you select "leather" for human leather it gave you gargish resists.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 6.3: 2/13/2011
    a) Added the update history for versions 1 through 5.
    b) Fixed the highlighted color being incorrect for the energy resist on the Gorget Tab.
    c) Added a price system to the non-imbued items so you can include them in the base price before profit.
    d) Made it so you can adjust how many of each ingredient you have to adjust the base price before profit.
    e) Added a "name" row for the imbued non-imbued items for user clarity.
    f) Adjusted the note on the Armor Tabs to better reflect what you currently need to enter.
    g) Rordered the "min" and "max" columns on the Price Tab to be universal.
    h) Added the pof calculation to include the weapon and shield tabs. Also fixed a rounding error that was estimating the required powder of fortification incorrectly.
    i) Corrected the note on the weapons tab to say "life/mana leech" rather than "mana/stam" leech.
    j) Removed "Use Best Weapon Skill" from all ranged weapons.
    k) Added "Ranged (Gargoyle)" and "Melee (Gargoyle)" to the weapons tab and the necessary modifications. This is in its Beta Stage. If you should find an error please let me know. The initial assumption is the maximum intensities are the same as for non-gargoyle weapons. The mods not available have already been removed.
    l) "Choose Armor" type will now display as non-gray when a armor type is selected.
    m) Modified all tabs to not display ingredients if over the maximum allowed intensity.
    n) Added the mysticism skill to group 4 list for jewelry.
    o) Renumbered the skill group numbing to match the imbue gump.
    p) Added a flat rate profit option on the Totals Tab.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 7.0: 4/17/2011
    Note: Modified the Images in posts #2 and #3 to reflect Version 7.0.
    a) Added drop down spells to adjust your total resists. This enables the imbuer / imbuee to imbue a suit of armor to offset these resist differences if used.
    b) Added an "Artifact" Tab in order to make entering the Non-Imbue items easier. You can copy and paste the mods from this tab and paste them onto the "Non-Imbued" Tab.
    c) Reworded tabs as necessary to make the bottom shorter. This was necssary to see all tabs at once on the same view at the bottom (and it was annoying me…).
    d) Fixed an error doubling the Faery Dust amount when needed for a ring.
    e) Corrected some misspellings throughout (thanks Kilroy!).
    f) Fixed a slight error in the armor resistance intensity calculation.
    g) Corrected an error when Velocity of 1-10 is used.
    h) Added a method to you show your current total resists on each page. This makes suit building easier. Some of this required reformatting the setup for each page by removing "(Select from List)". This was added to the instructions page to avoid confusion for newer users.
    i) Fixed the gem and main ingredient for the dex increase on the ring and brace tabs.
    j) Fixed the gem and main ingredient for the intel increase on the ring and brace tabs.
    k) Fixed the cold resist for bandana/skullcap to 20 instead of 23.
    l) Made it possible to use runic kits by designating "Runic ##" or "R ##".
    m) Fixed the Main Ingredient for the "Mage Armor" mod on the armor tabs.
    n) Added more hats, gargish necklaces and earrings to armor tab drop down menus.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 8.0: 7/22/2012
    a) Fixed issue with max Hit/Defense Chance Increase for Ranged weapons to 25. Also fixed ingredient to include Fungi. Adjusted all amounts and prices on affected tabs.
    b) Instead of adding more and more artifacts, a "User Favorites" section was created on teh "Artifacts" tab. It was placed at the top, for easy access.
    c) Changed the "totals" tab to reflect ("Need"-"Have") rather than doing nothing when you input a value.
    d) Changed the armor titles if gargoyle or human is selected from the drop down menu located on th e"How To" Tab. This required adding a few more error catches.
    e) Added enhancing armor and shields that occur AFTER imbuing.
    f) Added some error trapping on misc. tabs.
    g) Added a crafted option to jewelry so it doesnt assume its always imbued.
    h) Added a cell on the "Totals" tab to reflect a maximum durability for each piece. Type "0" if you do not want to use Powder of Fortification on your suit.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 9.0: 7/10/2013
    a) Complete Redesign of Coding and Resources. To be honest I started from scratch.
    b) Fixed Totals on "Resists" tab if a runic crafted resist is entered.
    c) Added reforging and Magical Loot properties throughout spreadsheet.
    d) Fix mana leech intensity to be correct on weapons.
    e) Fixed ring and bracelet lower reagent cost and lower mana cost as they were switched.
    f) Added Suit Totals to the "Wep" tab.
    g) Added a Default to Armor tabs to all be the same type and quality (initially).
    h) Added hci to shields.
    i) Fixed an issue with gloves not whiting out on the "Non-Imbued" tab.
    j) Fixed crafted resists on shield. It wasn't updating resists.
    k) Added str, dex, intel to final suit (from character) on Totals Tab.
    l) Fixed Resources total for Velocity on Weapons.
    m) Updated enhancing resists to reflect the new values.
    n) Added a "simplification" option to hide resources & price information for those who wish to only view the stats and imbuing intensities :).
    o) Your suggestions!

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 9.1: Future
    a) % Success Chance Increase to modify Ingredient Usage (Hardcoded into 9.0 but not functional yet)
    b) Your suggestions!

#6 Zolaf, Jan 15, 2011
  7. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Download Location
    Current Version 9.0a

Please download by following these steps:

1. Select the version you want and click on the follow links:

2007 Excel:
    http://chat.stratics.com/zolaf/Zolafs_Imbuing_Calculator_Current.xlsx (the website is gone?!)
    *Note: The 2007 file will be a zipped folder. Right click and save target as to save the zipped folder. Then open excel 2007 and open the zipped folder. This will then allow you to override your old version (dont ask me why its this way...it just works...2007 excel is weird).

Stratics has now also made it possible to download the file through their website!!!!
    Zolafs Imbuing Calculator

1997-2003 Excel:
    http://chat.stratics.com/zolaf/Zolafs_Imbuing_Calculator_Current.xls (the website is gone?!)

2. Save the file to the desired location. I would reccomend a "Ultima Online" folder or just the file on your desktop for easy access.

3. If you would like to donate, please send $1 to [email protected] on paypal (Zolaf Faloz). It would be greatly appreciated!

Please Respond if you are using this calculator and like it. Let me know if you find any errors so I can continue to make it better!

Special thanks goes to chat.stratics.com and stratics.com for allowing me to make the downlaod go through their site. TRUST ME it helps alot!

Thank you!

Zolaf

#7 Zolaf, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  8. covert

covert Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Gonna try this out in OpenOffice to see if it works okay. Looks awesome! :D

edit: Works fantastic so far. No bugs yet.

9. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

So awesome to have this tool!!! Thxs a million! Takes all the guess work out of pricing.

10. waldodave

waldodave Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Zolaf, great job on the spreadsheet. I was wondering if you might be able to add craftable items, like Pendant of the Magi, Stitchers Mittens, etc?

If you would like some help with that, I'd be glad to give it a shot.

11. holy cow and amazing. you wanna talk about the best imbuing calc ever. everyone should get this

12. Phelan James

Phelan James Guest

Thank you for making my job so much easier. Excellant work!

13. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I'll move some to clean it up some more..... Which posts not yet deleted do you wish to be removed?

14. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There're some note about price calculation:

1. I can fail with imbuing and lose ingredients.
    I want an ability to input imbue chances.
    Would be even better if I've must just enter the imbuing order and let the program to calculate imbuing chances for me.
    Sometimes I need to imbue 3-4 mod that require relic (HCI/DCI/FC/FCR on a ring or SSI/Slayer/HCI on a weapon). Sometimes I imbue reforged (1 FC and 15 DCI on a shield with 5 HCI and 25 DI) or shame loot item (1 FC and 3 FCR on a 4 MR ring).

2. I must craft several (sometimes hundreds of armor pieces) to get the proper resists distribution.
    I want an ability to input chances.
    Would be even better if the program calculated them.
    This is important for woodland armor. It takes 15 barks to craft an exceptional chest and 8 barks for other items. So price of an item may be few millions.

3. Sometimes I don't want to PoF to max durability.
    I want an ability to input what durability I need.

15. Kahlan

Kahlan Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Most awesome thing ever made in the history of uo... its unbelievable. Now some people just want it to do things for them cause their lazy... don't waste your time fixing that stuff... But would u consider a youtube tutorial?

16. swateam46

swateam46 Guest

Zolaf,
    Thank You so much for this awesome contribution !!

17. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

How about adding ability to enter reforged and "shame loot" stats like 5 hci on armor and 10 ssi on bracelets, etc?

18. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Right now I use "misc" page (designed for artifacts) to enter reforging values. The only drawback - I don't see intensity on the slot page. So I have to keep in memory for example that on gloves there are one mod 135 intesity busy.
    Also I need a raw with "damage eater".
    I don't think you need to add 50 mods to each slot. I think it's better to use "artifacts page" or add similar page for reforging (one for all slots).
    BTW I use this misc page for enchancing as well. If I'm going to enchance an item I add material resists on this page.

There is one more wish:
    It would be convenient to enter my base stats and see my stats in this suit (str/dex/int/hp/mana/stamina and may be swing speed).

19. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

For HCI and DCI intesity is the same as on jewels.

I believe that for Dex/Str/Int intesity is the same as on jewels but I've never tried it.

Self Repair = 0 intesity 0 mods (it disappears when you imbue any other mod to the item)

Single Eaters = 6 * value (max 6 * 15 = 90)
    Damage Eater = 15 * value (max 15 * 15 = 225)

I don't know about Casting Focus and Enhance Potions. (I think you could use jewel values for unknown mods)

20. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

On a weapon:
    50% Hit Fatigue = 125
    4 Int = 55

21. skaven

skaven Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Links arent' working... can you upload them elsewhere?

22. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I loved 8.0 and am looking forward to 9.0

Thank you for your effort and for sharing it with the Stratics Community!!

23. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

24. DreadLord Lestat

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I sent you my e-mail Zolaf, thanks for including me. :)

25. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What do you think so far?
    I fixed the enhancing since I gave it to you. They have since updated the resists you add, so I updated those. They average about 4 more resists per piece.

#25 Zolaf, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  26. DreadLord Lestat

I really like it so far. I have used it to design 2 new suits and it is much better than the old one.

27. Brendan [U|S]

Brendan [U|S] Visitor

Great, great creation Zolaf. Much appreciated. If you are still looking for some testers for your newest version, I would love to take a look. Also, what i have noticed is that the totals for materials needed are not being listed on the "totals" tab. However if I plug in that i have a material that i know i need, it subtracts it from the total cost. It seems to me that the spreadsheet is recognizing that the material is needed but just not displaying it on the last tab. I don't know if this is just me or what.

28. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Did i sent you 9.0? I am still looking for beta testers.

The cells on the totals tab should show up as blue if they are greater than 0. If you have say 12 needed and type in 6, it will display 6 still needed until you get to 12. Let me check into the issue and see if that is true.

#28 Zolaf, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  29. Brendan [U|S]

Brendan [U|S] Visitor

i was under the impression that the totals tab was to show the total number of mats needed for all of the mods you have selected throughout the spreadsheet. so if a gorget needed 5 frags, 10 residue, and 10 ess of passion then the totals tab would show that. it doesnt for me

30. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hm well that is interesting. Does it show the materials on each individual page? If not, you may be entering it under the wrong column. If that is still an issue, I am beta testing 9.0 anyway :p.

If thats not the case icq me or something so we can get it resovled :)

#30 Zolaf, Jul 26, 2013
  31. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Attention followers! Version 9.0 is out for release! Download the new version in post #7. As always, I appreciate the beta testers for helping with this massive overhaul as well as appreciate those who forward their errors to me!

Zolaf

32. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I am recently back to playing UO and this calculator looks like a life-saver. I can't get the link to work though for the 2007 Excel version - not sure if I am doing something wrong :(

33. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Try right clicking on it and use "save as". I use google chrome and all I need to do is click on the link. If you are still having trouble email or icq me.

34. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

that worked! Thank you so much :)

35. LowdownandShifty

LowdownandShifty Journeyman

I've been working hard to solve a). I've been trying to come up with a solution and think i've reached a partial one. Let me know if you're interested.

CorwinXX likes this.
  36. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Of course I am. Feel free to private message me so we can setup an easier contact method.

37. LowdownandShifty

Ok, I worked out the success chance formula for imbuing with human/elf at normal SF. It's not exact, but is accurate within 0.1% of the actual success value (rounding silliness). Now to just convert the numbers to account for Garg, Queen's SF, and/or TerMur SF.

#37 LowdownandShifty, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    Storm likes this.
  38. LowdownandShifty

Does anyone have the formulas for Garg, Queens Sf, TerMur Sf bonuses? Also, how do they interact (i.e. Do they stack, etc?) These are the last pieces needed to finish my success model for imbuing. I see some things listed on Stratics, Uo Guide, and elsewhere, but want to know if anyone has tested those numbers. Been real busy and can't test it out myself right now.

#38 LowdownandShifty, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  39. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I tried post #7 links but they do not work.

40. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

send me an email. i will look into it.

41. popps

popps Always Present

Has anyone been able to download or "save as" the 2007 Excel file ? Because no matter what I try, I have not....

I tried Firefox and also IExplorer and Goggle Chrome and none works for me so I am wondering whether others have been able to get the 2007 Excel file.

I am not sure I understand why the download or the saving do not work for me.
    Can perhaps Stratics host the file on other than the "chat.stratics.com" ? Perhaps it is this "chat" place that creates problems to the download of the file ??

42. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I had issues downloading from the links. I sent Zolaf an ICQ and he then emailed me over the excel file.

43. DreadLord Lestat

44. popps

popps Always Present

Yes, I am trying to download from that part of the thread.

I would like to understand why some can download but some others like me cannot....
    Anyone has any ideas what might be causing problems to the download ?

45. DreadLord Lestat

When you click the link, what happens? Does it download anything at all? If it does, it just doesn't open?

46. popps

popps Always Present

It attempts to download but, after a while of trying, regardless of any of t

Thanks a lot Zolaf, using the newer Stratics link it worked fine this time.
    Still wondering why the first link did not work with me, though.............

Thanks a lot !!

47. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You are most welcome! I hope you enjoy it and that it helps you out in game :)

Storm likes this.
  48. Zolaf

Zolaf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Okay everyone, I am working on version 9.1. Anyone have anything they want fixed? or added? speak now or forever hold your peace!
    Z

CronusVl and DJAd like this.
  49. dlwiii

dlwiii Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Zolaf I would like to try to port this to google sheets. But the downloads do not work. Can you send a new link? Or what is the best way to get a copy?

50. DreadLord Lestat

I missed this, the main thing that I would like to see added would be the ability to choose artifacts and stuff in the individual slots such as head, sleeves, leggings, etc so I can add those stats into me suits when I use them in conjunction with pieces that I am making. :)

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!