1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

new landmass with the expansion?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Max Blackoak, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

hi all, i was just thinking about the upcoming expansion. any idea whether we will get new landmass with that one?

as in the past this will do no good to us since it will just thin out the already thin population even more...maybe we should try to get the devs to spare us additional landmass?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for that link Petra. So it's going to be a land mass like Ilsh with no housing? I think that would be kinda cool.
    As for being thinned out, I think you will be able to find everyone in the new lands. The thinning out will come later down the road. If they don't add this land mass for us on Siege, then we won't get the new dungeons. I would vote against trying to get the Devs to spare us more landmass. I'm all for new, interesting things to see and do.

4. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

well instead of leaving out the new landmass would anyone be in favour getting rid of some of the old landmass?

ilshenar would be the one most likely to go...islh marties could still be retrieved by digging up treasures and everything else is available elsewhere in the game...

then again what i always liked about ilsh was that there were no guardzones anywhere...

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

You have to wait and hope Devs will tell more, the testers are not allowed to tell anything.

6. Nurse Miss Maude

Stratics Veteran

Just me personally, no I wouldn't want ANY landmasses removed. If they started removing content, I wouldn't play here at all!! Siege already gets the short end of the stick and gets forgotten on a lot of things.
    I don't think making Siege have less to offer than production shards in respect to land would make anyone want to come play on this shard.
    Are you wanting less land in an effort to force people in tighter spaces so there will be more PvP? If that is the case, Siege needs more population....not limited spaces.
    Don't misunderstand me, I'm all for more interaction. Running around and never seeing anyone is one of the reasons I don't play on Siege as much as I could.........but taking away things is NOT the answer. That's just my opinion on that.

7. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

yeah so im sure they will keep there lil noise holes shut

8. Yes add the new landmass and no don't get rid of any of the existing ones, I have interaction with people evryday of the week the whole time I am playing, maybe you should. Join a productive guild or just get used to the fact that on this shard your not going to see a lot of people everywhere you turn

9. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

well it used to be quite different a long time ago. and to be honest i enjoyed it alot more that way. i am not only talking about PvP i am talking about all kinds of player interaction. also during the 'off hours'...

that was before the introduction of ilshenar though...ever since it has only gotten worse...

10. Nurse Miss Maude

Stratics Veteran

And I'm sure the population on the shard used to be a lot higher too back then.

11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I feel Malas did far more damage than Ilshenar as you can't place in Ilshenar.

12. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

no... i take that back. I would be fine with it if they got rid of Malas and put the dungeon Doom somewhere in Ilshenar or Felucca...