1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New laptop

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Little Sadie, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Little Sadie

Little Sadie Guest

I am shopping for a new laptop. I think I have it done to the Dell Inspiron 1525 or the Studio 17. Anyone have any experience with either of these? This will also be my first time using Vista. TT is able to be played in a Vista system now, right? I would hate to put out the money only to have problems with my TTing. Any suggestions?

2. Elga

Elga Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ooo Nice! Well first off, yes TT works fine with Vista now. I've heard about the Studio 17, looks like it has the bells and whistles you would want. I would at least aim for a minimum of 2GB of Memory, should run Vista well. They both look nice though.

3. Little Sadie

Little Sadie Guest

I chose 4GB memory on both of them. They also have 250GB hard drive, whatever that means. LOL! I am on the Dell website so I can build it myself and get what I want or think I might have to have. Does a sound card have to be upgraded? The Inspiron has a Sound Blaster Audigy, whatever that means. What about video cards? One comes with the Intel Graphics Media Accel. X3100. Does that sound good? I also chose the Bluetooth for both along with the mouse and headphones. Both sound good but wondering if one is indeed better then the other. They both come within $300 of each other.

4. princess kitty

princess kitty Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Wow! Can't help you but I envy your new laptop even if you haven't gotten it yet. :-D

5. Little Sadie

Little Sadie Guest

I ordered it last night and can't wait for it to get here. My laptop now has had so many problems lately. Now it seems to shut down whenever it feels like it. It did it twice yesterday while training gags in buildings. I am going to be avoiding boss battles until I get it.

6. Granjell

Granjell Guest

Laptop envy here too! Good luck with it!