1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Magery] (New Mage) Advice?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by StaticOnAtlantic, Oct 18, 2009.

1. I just want to run mobs, peerless etc. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER had a pvp or PVM char. I have never did mel or anything like that (I know i know 8 years and Ive never done it)

So this is my thought on a temp

120 mage
    120 med
    120 eval
    120 necro
    120 spirit speak
    120 Spellweaving

I just want to do solos etc atleast try to. I just want a really nice powerful temp.

Also suggestions on gear. I have the gold Why not Spend it right?

I was figuring

Human-

Hom
    Inquis
    AOF
    orny
    crystaline
    Nice SC Wep aswell

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Template looks good, pal. Versatile, powerful, and straight forward. You might consider stoning between 120 weaving and 120 resist, depending on what (or who) you're fighting.

Pretty common PvP necro/mage suit includes:
    Folded Steel Glasses
    AOF
    Inquis
    Orny
    Crystalline
    Quiver of infinity
    CC
    Totem of the Void (or alchemy tally, if you have enough lmc on your suit)
    Mage weapon (No casting penalty, unless you also wear a +1 fc shield, such as the arcane shield. 2/6 is a must. Also, for weaving, you should consider holding a 1fc book/1fc shield, as weaving is capped at 4/6.)

For your neck, arms, and legs, you're looking to bring yourself to 40 lmc and as much mr as possible. Once you put the suit together and train up your skills, you'll be set with a pretty awesome toon.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

3. any suggestions for some books to maybe have? thanks again

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Well, I have a toon (pictured in my avatar) who runs this exact template. When I play him, I carry 4 items with me.

1) -25 mage weapon, no -fc, 15 dci: I use this to PvP, as it keeps a hand free for pot and my dci up.

2) -20 mage weapon, -1fc, around 50 hml, 50 hf, and 40 di; I also carry an arcane shield to make up for the -1fc. I use this for low-level mobs (champs, especially). Keeps my dci up and my mana filled.

3) 30 sdi invasion book: I use this for high level mobs, such as peerless, when I'm trying to boost my sdi to the max.

4) Scrappers, 25 sdi, 1/1: I throw this on when I'm using WOD at the end of a champ or peerless, for the 4/6.

Honestly, you'd probably be fine carrying a scrappers for high level mobs and a mage weapon for everything else.