1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Mage character help needed

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by ratt30, Sep 11, 2009.

1. ratt30

ratt30 Guest

I created a new mage character (Elf) used an advanced character token (mage) and used a soulstone fragment to transfer magery and eval int from my old human mage. My skills are:

Magery 95.5
    Eval Int 92.9

My question is why can't this guy cast EV better than 10% of the time? I mean he just sucks at it. My old character could pop them like 95% of the time. Is it just that he's been through a lot in the last 48 hours and just needs to "mature" a little bit? He has even whiffed on Mass Dispel and Flamestrike.

Any help you guys can give would be awesome. Thank you in advance!!

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Your magery is too low. You'll fizzle on 7th circle spells pretty regularly, and a lot on 8th circle.

I'd suggest a minimum of 115 magery if you're doing a lot of 8th circle spells.

3. ratt30

ratt30 Guest

I forgot to mention that is my unboosted magery. I just ate an +20 powerscroll. So my boosted magery is now 110 (I carry a Tome of Lost Knowledge). I'll let you know if that solves the problem. Thanks!!

4. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It won't be too bad but you will still fail from time to time. That is the joyless luck of having 110 magery.