1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Main Page Poll

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Guest, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

It's a poll, a poll, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood! And it's on the main page!

New poll is available for your voting pleasure on the TSO EAL Stratics Main Page. If you are intrigued by this poll and want to know more about making stuff to use in-game, check out the TSO EAL:S
    Custom Content Forum

Your follow-up poll is below. For more information about widgets, click through to this page on the EA-Land Wiki.

(And lastly … TSO EAL:S Forum Moderator Gilly has been creating and posting the Main Page and Follow-Up polls for this site for over a year now. She’s taking a vacation for a little bit from being the poll mistress – great big thanks to her for all the work she’s done! If anyone has an idea for a main page or follow-up poll, please send it to [email protected] or [email protected]))

Follow-Up Poll!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I like the concept of widgets, but I haven't really used them much. I'd much prefer to be able to open widgets in-game so I don't have to switch windows.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I would love to use them, But every time I have had a look at them they don't work. Looked again just now and they still don't work.

4. honestly have no idea what it is.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

CCSim, I'm not very familiar with them, so I wouldn't be able to give an accurate or detailed description, but you can get an idea about what they are here.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ummm...yeah still no clue.

7. Go1die

Go1die Guest

Yeah, I hate using widgets because they're all over the place. But they're pretty cool - sometimes.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

What I think would be REALLY cool is if someone could program some of these widgets as Vista Sidebar Gadgets! [​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

One of these days I'll finish a widget. Working on one to remind me to green before work. I'm about 30% done cause I'm a slacker. :+)

10. Ok, I'm not computer savvy,,,wth is a widget?

11. MandiK

MandiK Guest

Glad Im not the only one that didnt know what a widget was.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Is it more clear, now?

My technical explanation is - it's a doohickey (a miniprogram, an applet, etc.) that you can put on your homepage or blog/myspace or sometimes your desktop or whatever and it's no big deal to do and you can take it off whenever - and it can provide real time information or games or tools or time-wasters, etc.

[​IMG]

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Have I mentioned today how much I love Thrill's Guest Motive gadget?
    I tell the hosts of every packed house I go to about it. It is a host's dream.

It works through iGoogle. Here is a screenshot from the Wikipedia of it in action:

[​IMG]

14. Guest

Guest Guest

This I want! Where do I get it?! lol

I never heard about widgets either before this, but the need thingie, I sure can use that in my house. Or is this all an idea and it doesnt work yet?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

This is a real thing and it really works - no waiting around [​IMG]

Thrill's gadget works through iGoogle. iGoogle is just a customizeable page run by Google - to access it you either use or sign up for a gmail handle.

Here is the link to iGoogle: iGoogle

And here is the link to Thrill's gadget: click me to go the wiki page with gadgets/widgets

Once you have signed up for an iGoogle account, go to the wiki link where Thrill's gadget lives and look for the little "+Google" symbol underneath the picture of it. Clicking that will add it to your iGoogle homepage.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Aster I agree, this is a hosts dream! I have seen this on the wiki before, but wasn't quite sure how to use it. I do have a gmail account so setting up an iGoogle page was a breeze [​IMG] I use this lil piece of wonder every day now, makes it very easy to see when to cook for our visitors [​IMG] Thanks for 'kicking' me off on this when we met in game!

I recommend this widget to every host. No more singing to people with full energy/social, or wasting food when nobody's hungry [​IMG]

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!