1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

New Nox Mage I made isn't as fun as I thought

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by imported_Resu Cigam, Dec 29, 2007.

1. I play the following PVM Mage

120 Magery
    100/100 Eval
    100/100 Med
    100 Hiding
    112.2/115 Stealth
    80 Poison

I recently hit 80 Poison and I thought I'd be having more fun being a nox mage, but most of the harder creatures seem immune to poison.

I have had some fun on Ogre Island in the Dungeon. I was also able to keep Lady M poisoned, but I don't really think that helped much.

Eventually, I was going to take off Hiding and Stealth, but I'm not sure what else will compliment Poison. Is Necro a good choice? Are there any other monsters to have fun with Poison? Should I try Doom with DP fields?
  2. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

I played a Nox Mage for a while and I found it wasn't for me either. Unless you do alot of champs or PVP and use a lot of poison fields, IMHO it isn't worth the effort. Necro Nox Mage might be something to try because the necro de-buffs make poison more effective.

I'm thinking about the following template:

Mage 120
    Eval 120
    Med 120
    Resist 120
    Ninja 120
    Hiding 80
    Stealth 100

I have a 720 base and the items to get the extra points. I keep thinking about throwing deadly poisoned shirkins and still having magery. Smoke bombs for defense, animal form to run away, stealth, shadow jumping. It just seems like a very good idea to me. [​IMG]
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

I had a template like that. It is very fun to play, but it's probably a better support/scout/PvM character than anything else. You have to be on foot to make the best use of your abilities and unfortunately and are hard pressed to keep up with people mounted. You can bola, but that also sacrifices your defense too.