1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

New Partnership?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gladius, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Gladius

Gladius Guest

EA and NetDragon have gone into a joint venture on a new MMOG based on Ultima Online overseas (Europe/Asia?) read all about it.

This looks like a sell out to me in all directions this new game has to be better in order to capture the present market.

Question is where does that leave us now? In the Stygian Abyss?

I feel the EA's Mythic Entertainment has to give present subscribers a clear picture on err what's really going on'

2. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

Please look here, already been mentioned. :)
  3. Gladius

Gladius Guest

Kudos to you and thanks for the re-direct :)

4. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

I think this is a good thing we might get a china expansion with a lot of stuff from chinese lore, myth and history I can picture chinese fire works used to kill monsters and players not just used for a nice affect like fire work wands are today.
  5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    A Japanese themed expansion wasn't enough?
  6. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 20, 2007
    A completely inappropriate Japanese themed expansion wasn't enough?

Let's get some klingons into the next expansion too. For all our sci-fi fans out there...
  7. Fink

Fink Guest

They're not the same thing at all. You may as well be saying "A clockwork expansion wasn't enough?"

I would much rather a Chinese expansion than SE.
  8. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

At some point in the Ultima canon, there were ninjas and stuff.
    So it was kind of appropriate, and canonical.
    Note that I say "kind of"...
  9. Gladius

Gladius Guest

This really blows our minds. Just reading the comments on a related thread sends shivers up my spine.

If we are to seriously take what the new partnership intends to accomplish,
    we can only surmise it would be the dream 3D UO everybody was waiting for.

Now this would make loyal original customers hard put to change horses in the middle of the race. More so with all the resources they have invested in the game.

Do you all honestly feel EA is acting in good faith here? I am inclined to think that whatever this is all about the new partnership will only and should only spawn the very best 3d UO of all time.

Why so? Simply to beat all competition and relocate the poor disenfranchised UO players. JOHO of course.

10. Gladius

Gladius Guest

For a profile on NetDragon follow this link http://www.netdragon.us/

Based on their company honors and records it looks like the Sleeping dragon of China has awakened.

Better get your chopsticks ready for this could be the mother of all games.

(Somehow my excitement for SA little as it was has gone..)

11. Rainforest

Rainforest Guest

12. Gladius

Gladius Guest

Personally I don't know :D

Maybe yes and maybe no, however we do hope EA will have a say on the matter that is if they hold the majority in the joint venture.