1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

New pet in store: Windrunner??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by sirion, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Slayvite

Slayvite Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

OK, so if they are not "trainable" fighter pets and they are just mounts, then why aren't they like the Charger of the Fallen? you know, like a eathy mount that you cannot see thru.

Oh and a big question, can they be traded once its no longer a statue?

2. cobb

cobb Sage

I don't understand why they are not trainable

3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

i get the feeling a lot of people missed the conversation a couple months back about Broadsword putting out these rides every couple months.
    i believe they where called "Glamour Mounts" wasn't it?

so these are just purely for aesthetics and looks, these are not meant to be fighting mounts or tanks.
    both the Windwalker and Lasher are for RP and fun, nothing more.

i think these are fantastic and i hope Broadsword keeps doing these and more, they should be putting out house add on deco as well every couple weeks.
    toilets and tapestries and armor racks and everything else their fancy little designer people can make up.
    ive got money and looking to spend!

Tamais, Drakelord and Dot_Warner like this.
  4. Poo

oh, and if they want a suggestion for the next mount i would love to see a Knights Horse all decked out just like these.
    something like this for my Paladin to roll around with.
    (see below)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Alira Drakrul

Alira Drakrul Seasoned Veteran

Excellent job, devs. Now aim for some lower cost stuff too like deco. This is what UO should have been doing all along.

Tamais and Dot_Warner like this.
  6. CovenantX

CovenantX Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That Windrunner looks pretty badass.

Now they need to sell some pet dyes (tasteful colors plz, no Glacial!) -can't be having real shards look like TC1... well, the Bod-reward dyes kind of did that.... but no more! those bright neon colors should be sold from the store or not exist in-game at all (IMO).

King Greg likes this.
  7. TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The prodo shards already look like TC1 with all the exploited glacial cloth

8. sablestorm

sablestorm Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

They are trainable, just like the lasher is. I maxed most of the skills on my lasher and I mean to do the same on my Windrunner. Also something to keep in mind, there's a pet revamp coming down the pipe so these pets should be able to reap the benefits of whatever system gets implemented. As for trading them, I'm not sure on that.

9. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'd buy one but I would rather not lose the damage reduction from a swamp dragon.

So I won't actually buy one. Thanks devs.

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

No they won't since Mesanna stated many times that it will only be level 2 slot creatures and above that we will be able to train to 5 slot pets... Sadly that means that 1 slot pets like the pack horse, Llama, Frenzied Ostard, Lasher, Windrunner, Faction horses, 16th Anniversary Ponies and all such other 1 slot pets including Battle Chicken Lizards will remain FEEBLE.

Edit: I will further surmise that this will also mean training up a blue Beetle, Lesser Hiryu or any other "anyone" pet will then result in said pet requiring taming... Which IMO would be sad... but I rather doubt that I am wrong on that. So no your Miner won't probably be able to go about with a fully trained up Fire Beetle or Blue Beetle and a Samurai would not be able to have a fully 5 slot Lesser... Now that's just my guess but honestly I wouldn't know... they might surprise me but I doubt that.

11. Cinderella

Cinderella Adventurer
    Governor

My husband got Windrunner on his thief and realized he made a mistake on who to give it to. He traded it to another char and stabled it. So it is currently waiting on being bonded. Hopefully all will be well with it

I recently had unbonded fire beetles turn into horses, I'm thinking maybe its a glitch with the unbonded ones. (my bod mules were riding them to get from Luna to Zento)

sablestorm likes this.
  12. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Selling vanity mounts in the premium currency store... Is this a Korean Grind MMO now?

RIP UO.

13. skett

skett Journeyman
    Professional Supporter

I bought one thinking it was like the charger but then after clicking it I realized it's a pet

It looks ok if they made the red a dark red and toned down the tail and remove the red the tail or just made it all black would look much better .

Not sure why those vanity pets cost so much compared to the charger, it's not an ethy you can't make it transparent and it can't be trained up

If anyone with zero taming could train it to the same stats as a nightmare then those would be worth the $10 I guess it needs some sort of perk to it...

So now I have a $10 statue

As of now they are way to expensive for what they are imho

#63 skett, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  14. cazador

cazador Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Poo.....what kind of RP you getting into?!?!

Cuz uh yeah..

15. Poo

nothing says i PAWNED you like being run down by a red on a Lasher.

Kirthag likes this.
  16. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

made me lol and sputter my coffee!!! >.<

*edit* removed erroneous attachment for SCA... sowwy

17. Cinderella

Cinderella Adventurer
    Governor

My husband got this on the wrong char and traded it to another. It bonded just like any other pet. So its tradeable in mount form

18. StressBall

StressBall Adventurer

It would be cool if we also get vanity ethys , vanity ships, vanity housing, vanity clothing. A pirate theme pack! arrr me heartys

19. Slayvite

Slayvite Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

I don't see why the Lasher and the Windrunner are the same price as the Charger of the fallen.
    Lasher and Windrunner are just pets that are a pain in the ass if you get killed (and they do),
    the Charger is basically an Eathy with a DCI bonus that pops back into your pack upon death.

Either the Charger should cost more or the other 2 "fake" eathys need a drop in price (not to mention if you accidently click "release" then they just go poof")