1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

New player help

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by Piccolo(UO:R), Mar 24, 2010.

1. Hi guys.
    Just wondering if i could get a bit of help ingame. Like i said in older posts ive got an old account i re-activated and i need a bit of help learning the new aspects of the game.
    Firstly skills and stats. so far i have 98 magery witha cap of 110
    105 eval in with a cap of 110
    110 med
    98 wrestle
    75 resist
    and for some reason 70 spirit speak...
    This wasnt my main character but i cant remember what happened to him. Also my stats are something like 100 int, 88 str, and 44 dex. Do mages need dex anymore for pvp? Im pretty confused..any help would be good.
    Also being part of an active guild would be good. I like rping and also a bit of pvp and hunting
  2. Venus_AUPK

Venus_AUPK Guest

I can only speak for pvp and spawning templates

Pvp Mages

Tactics Mage

Adds wep special moves to mage damage IE. Bleed, para, mortal. Only down side is u can be disarmed n hit 100% of time by dexxers and suit is a little harder to build to fit HCI

120 Mage
    120 EI
    120 Resist
    120 Wep Skill
    100 Scribe
    90 Tactics Or (70 but u can only do one wep special)
    50 Medi Or (70)

Wrestle Mage

More defensive than tactics mage but cannot be dis armed. Also lets u use the shield slot when building suits

120 Mage
    120 EI
    120 Resist
    120 Wrestle
    100 Scribe
    120 Medi
    20 Focus
    (There are a lot of variants of this dropping medi n focus for Chivalry or Ninja for animal form. Or swapping wrestle for 100 anat to free up more skill points)

Necro Mage

Probably the best PvM template that can also PvP but 90% of the good necro ability's can be negated instantly with apples in pvp also requires u to use a SC -20 MW (Spell chann -20 mage skill mage wep) so u need + 20 magery on ur jewlry

120 Mage
    120 Medi
    120 Ei
    120 Resist
    120 Spirit Speak
    105 Necro

PvP Archer

120 Acrhery
    120 Tactics
    120 Anat
    120 Resist
    90 Heal (Enhanced bandages give +10 to healing skill when used)
    90 Medi
    60 Chiv

Spawning Templates (all use 100 Necro for Vamp form)

When building the suit you need to over cap fire resistance by 25 to compensate for vamp form

Heals only with life leech, confidince and chiv very good pvm due to parry, evasion and a damage bonus from bushido to whirlwind

120 Wep Skill (Swords or maces have good whirlwind weps)
    120 Tactics
    120 Bushido
    100 Resist
    110 Parry
    100 Necro
    60 Chivalry

Theres alot of variants on this changing resist for anatomy but mana drain will get u killed at spawns the extra damage from anat isnt worth it

Vampform Dexxer

120 Wep Skill (Swords or maces have good whirlwind weps)
    120 Tactics
    110 Anat
    120 Resist
    100 Necro
    90 Heal

This is just my opinion n templates i use / have used and found to be effective there are more viable templates out there bit this is a bit of a long post already :thumbup1: