1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Player Kit

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Omnius, May 13, 2011.

1. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

What is a new player kit? It's a blazed deed but what does it give you? It appears to be character bound.

2. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

hmmmmm darn good question.

3. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I was the proud owner of one after I stole it but became the proud owner of cooler stuff when I sold it back to the original owner.

Just curious what it was.

4. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

So it aint new. Prolly whatever you got is better.

5. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

yeah i got a legacy token on siege, needless to say, soulstones are valuable there.

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

The UO Japan site has a page about starter kits associated with the rollout of the Stygian Abyss expansion:

ƒXƒ^[ƒ^[ƒLƒbƒg

The Google translation of the page that I'm reading at the moment is very rough, but I think it says the kit included 2000 gold; one piece of Journey Armor; a runebook with 20 charges that includes runes for certain city banks; and a special ticket that apparently gives a buff (+3 regen rate?) to the hit points, mana, and stamina of the character that owns the ticket and any other characters in the same party as well as accelerated skill gain when you have "turned on" the ticket by clicking on it.

I think the special ticket in the kits only worked/work for 30 days after an account is created and only for a total of 168 hours.

More information on the Journey Armor, aka Armor of Initiation, is here: —lX‚ȃA[ƒ}[ƒZƒbƒg. That page seems to say that the armor has 54 in each type of resist and cannot have its durability changed with PoF.

I vaguely recall reading something about these kits in English somewhere, sometime but haven't been able to find it again. The UO Herald web site is in very sad shape these days. You may be able to find more information in one of the forums dedicated to collecting rares.

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Looks somewhat like Phoenix armor. To me anyway.

I recall hearing about it long ago but haven't ever "seen" it. Though I was in New Haven once training skills and a youngster did party me saying it would help me .... perhaps that is what he was talking about.?

I didn't seem to notice a "boost" in my skill gain... but perhaps it was there.

8. Rivi

Rivi Guest

The blaze ticket is character bound and came with new SA codes for a short time in fall of 2010 during what the devs called the Call to Arms.

The blaze ticket gives the character 20k gold, a named armor set that comes in a named box, and the ability to have elevated skill gain for first 30 days of the account opening. This elevated skill gain worked on anyone else partied to the new player regardless of age or any other factor. It also is cool looking and has the character name on it if u like to collect things like that as well.

9. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

best response ever. Thank you

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend