1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Player Looking For Thieves

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Trias, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Trias

Trias Guest

Hey there :)

I'm brand spanking new (Having dabbled only slightly during the Third Age) and now would love to come back. Having read extensively on the stratics website and forums I've decided to set Siege up as my new home :]

Just a few questions if I may.

I'm not much of a PvPer (Though certainly like having the option) and will most likely stick to towns where I can... more easily transfer ownership from one party to myself. Will I have problems in doing that? Or will I need to go in with a PvP head on?

I love to RP, is there a big RP community on Siege?

Is there a large or at least established community of thieves on Siege? Perhaps a group (Or even an Individual) that can take me under their wing for awhile and teach me the tricks of the...erm...trade?

Also I'm from the UK, I've met one helpful fellow on these forums that is from the UK, but is there more Europeans out there in Siege?

Thank you

2. Lil Caesar

Lil Caesar Guest

Siege is mostly a pvp community, that is to say it is strictly felucia ruleset. you can do whatever you want be it a crafter,thief or pvper. there are supporting people for all those roles. having said that there are plenty of thieves on siege. some do pvp stealing, some rob players, some steal the artis that spawn, some are faction thieves that steal sigils to control towns. there's a lot of option for thieves on siege. just get out there and look around. while there doesn't seem to be alot of role players, there are enough active role players. i run a faction thief myself but do not know much about the intricacies of robbing other players. for that u may have to get someone else more talented in those areas.

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

with the mega-million dollar suits, and the faction arties, this one doubts your ability to play viable pvp thief. Your template will not have enough skill points.
    Town steals are always easily done. You can also look at dungeons and farming hot-spots.

4. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Welcome to Siege!

Not sure what you meant about your PvP question.

There is a decent RP community here, but it is not huge.

There is a group that can help you get trained up and understand Siege better, they are NEW.

There are a group of thieves who have set up shop in an area known as Barter Town, located just N of Minoc.

There are lots of people from UK on Siege.

Have fun!