1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Player returning -15 Physical Resists

Discussion in 'UHall' started by JJMcClure, Jul 10, 2010.

1. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't played in years and decided to give UO a try again. I have a few char. that have -15 phy resist when naked. I have searched and all I can find is that I have Reactive armor, Reflect Magic, or Protect casted. Well I recasted the icon shows up on the bar I recast them again and the icons disapear. I still have -15 resist. I even tried dieing a few times. Can some one please help me before I delete the char and start over.

2. Log out, restart the game and if that doesn't fix it, page a GM. Don't expect help but, follow procedure and page a GM. Say, "my character is bugged. Has -15 physical resist when naked, no spells casted". Good luck

3. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. GM's where terrible back then so I can only image how bad they are now.

4. canary

canary Guest

Just have a good book to read, like War and Peace or the Brothers Karamazov, while waiting. :)

5. Babble

Babble Guest

I still think it is a spell or a combination of those

6. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have casted and recasted and died and still -15

7. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Welcome back!

The GMs aren't as bad as you may think, If you explain properly the issue a GM will get back to you within the hour I'd say.

I can't think of any other reason why this would happen - it's a popular problem with players but I'm lost on what else to try. :(

8. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My crafter is bugged to he has -16. Was in Q number 6 for an hour and had to log out.

9. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the welcome Mapper

10. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think that should be protection spell. Do you have -35 resist spells?

-Lorax

11. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That was the first thing I checked. Its 0 on both char.

12. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

its just a bug, page and they will fix you. I was stuck with -15 fire once..... that sucked.

13. This... and it helps if you are stripped naked when the GM calls. You have to have all armor and jewelry off to fix it.

14. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

It sounds like you have bugged the protection spell... it give buffs but -15% physical resist. Paging a GM is your only option.

If you don't know... you can bring up the buff/debuff... bar? I don't know what to call it... by clicking status on your paperdoll and then clicking the blue gem by the left corner of the box.

This... bar?.. can be altered by clicking the gem on the bar (that changes the direction of the listing).. and you can move it where ever you want it. It will show a list of all spells, buffs, debuffs that have been cast on you by others and yourself. If you highlight a box listed there... it will also give you a brief description of what that item is causing. Works great to keep track of curses. This might save you time in the future if something like this happens again. :)

Good luck with the page... the GM's are really not so bad if you plainly state your problem... not with stuff like this.

15. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I have the buff/debuff bar up and its empty. Well I guess back to the GM Q. Thanks everybody.

16. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

That would be the result of a human with protection, magic reflection, and reactive armor all cast while having some inscription

17. Splup

Splup Guest

Can I blame GM:s for sexual harrasment if they force me to strip naked?

18. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wecome back

What do you have in skills ?
    If I remember correctly a skill gives you auto resists think its wrestling not sure I know one of my girls on napa has it too.

19. Only if they make you dance before the GM fixes your character! :eyes:

20. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I dont think this is ever going to get fixed. I have been numbers 6 in the Q for over almost 3 hours. Thats a total of 5 hours today just in the Q alone.

My skills are
    Blacksmith
    Bowcraft
    Carpentry
    Hiding
    Magery
    Mining
    Music
    Tailoring
    and Im human

21. Can't really help you with the que... I think most of us have been there and it's downright frustrating. As far as the numbering goes, it's broken and doesn't actually mean you are #6 in line.

22. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Doesn't necessarily mean the spell isn't affecting you. My suggesting is casting protection, reactive armor or magic reflection. Cast them all a couple times and watch your stats. Also paging during week-days are always best :p

23. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nah, but start worrying if they ask you to turn away and hit your "bow" macro...:gee: