1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New player welcome wagon, does anybody know?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Viquire, May 17, 2011.

1. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Whether or not the new acct creation code for SA still comes with thirty days of "New Player Smell"?

It was never part of the add copy so I just have no idea how to advise a recruit that appears to be an actual, honest to goodness, New to UO player.

Any help would be appreciated. I have sent PMs to Cal and Messana already.

Thank you.

2. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

gonna be one empty wagon....

3. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm looking for more information about this from the producers letter dated 9/3

anybody, anybody, anybody...

Beuller?....

4. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I started playing in January. I received no token, armor, or alacrity beyond the normal New Haven quests. If by "a bit of gold" they mean the 1000 gold, then yes, I got a bit of gold; but it felt more like a crumb fallen from a poor man's supper table.

As an aside, I was talking to a local barrista at a coffee shop I frequent. I convinced him to give UO a try this Summer. He is starting his new account sometime later this week. I told him I would give him a 'gear bag' to help give him a leg-up.

5. olduofan

olduofan Guest

less than 2 months ago it did give the new player items :D

6. Rivi

Rivi Guest

New SA accounts came with a "New Player code" that gave a golden ticket that was char bound that activated the "new player smell", a named armor set, and 20k in gold for a short time. However a few months ago when I tried to purchase another new player code, they were not available anymore according to customer service. So it is no longer available as far as I know, but maybe they will bring it back with upcoming plans for new players. :spider:

Rivi

PS at the time they were available you would see the language advertising the "New player code" before final checkout if you bought from EA game store but it did not show on UO gamecodes I believe.

7. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

they just got the upgrade for their three day old trial. So we may never know. Thanks to all for the advice.