1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Publish map navigation

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by jpullen8874, Dec 16, 2010.

1. jpullen8874

jpullen8874 Guest

Since the new publish today navigating my ship by map seems to be off. The boat doesn't follow me waypoints correctly anymore. Anyone else notice this?

2. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, navigation is bugged. My impression is that the boats only sail orthogonally now instead of diagonally.

3. BluDjinn

BluDjinn Journeyman

Yes the ships no longer drift but sail in a zig zag pattern.

I hate this, as I have taken a good deal of time to mark a set of charts to and from the places I sail most.
    ( server lines, Floating Dock, Serpent pillars', etc.) and my home port.

Now, they no longer work, as I am always running aground or bumping into islands or shallow water.

It is also very hard to mark new maps unless you just stick to deep water and make wide detours around any land mass.

I sure hope they fix this as I like my tiller man to sail the shortest course between points while I fish.

And some of my charts have been painstakingly worked out to dodge between islands and just barely make sure I am still fishing in deep water.

Captain Toad of TIME BANDIT

(Hey! She is black, I can fish for crabs off Her deck, and She has the Skull & Crossbones tattooed on Her bow if the chance comes up)

4. jpullen8874

jpullen8874 Guest

Good to see I'm not alone in this. I really hope a fix is coming soon. Maps make the fishing trips so much easier.

5. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Woah there... you can sail by maps??? how on earth do you do that???

6. jpullen8874

jpullen8874 Guest

Open the map and click on plot course. Put pins in the map for the boat to follow then click on stop plotting. Then hand the map to the tillerman/pilot and say "start". The boat will follow the course on the map. If you stop for any reason say "continue" that will pick you up where you left off.