1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New publish!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SixUnder, Mar 18, 2013.

1. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

when is this thing going to be released?

hrmm

inquiring minds want to know..

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

What's your hurry? The current version is on test1 I believe.

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It was stated from the beginning this would be a long process, considering the changes being made I would rather them take their time!

Bazer, KLOMP and Lord Frodo like this.
  4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Just so they oil up the hamster wheel first.

Storm likes this.
  5. SixUnder

i want it right as well, but they have had..X amount of patches...just figured it has to be close..

6. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

everyone wants it to be good, and there is plenty of excitement about it talking in other forums, and in game. But knowing what it has on the table in terms of making suits, is really holding up some gameplay. I've heard this i couldn't tell you how many times in game:

"I want to finish making this suit, but i'm going to have to wait until after the publish"

or this:

"Before you make that, wait for the publish to come out because they are changing it"

Even watching a conversation in general chat taking place about sampires, and a guy trying to make a woodland suit. others chimed in saying hold on before you go crazy enhancing woodland, because you may want to go plate/studded etc after the publish.

This is all very true. I sure hope the next update takes all the feedback in mind, applies the correct changes that most users were in agreement about, and then moves forward.

#6 Cetric, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  7. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think this will go down in UO's history like the Trammel patch, it will either help make UO or maybe break UO... So I'd rather they take their time on this one and get it right.

Storm likes this.
  8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

9. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

You are comparing this to the patch that brought trammel?

holy crap lol. I suppose i'll just respectfully disagree.

Viper09, Storm and Lord Frodo like this.
  10. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is a huge patch/change to UO. Please let them get it right on TC for a change.

11. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

There is also a lot of excitement about the thrower slight nerf, the archer slight bump, the 2 handed weap slight bump, the boosts to armor material resist, and the damage balancing. The only things holding this up:

1. horrible refinement system that has the potential to make overpowered templates, and causes too many problems with hit lower d/dci, if it ain't broke don't break it?
    2. stam leeching change hurts sampires (everyone always hits the panic button when something is adjusted that effects the sampire, ie. chiv change recently)
    3. a lot of complaints about the changes to animal forms.

I think, literally everything else, everyone was in complete agreement on.

#11 Cetric, Mar 18, 2013
    Uvtha likes this.
  12. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I wish they'd scrap the whole publish and work on something else e.g. stackables publish, more resources into high resolution, in-game vendor search, or completely new content.

The things the Dev Team are tampering with are an intricate parts of the PvM and PvP system. I'm not looking forward to it whatsoever.The feeling is more of apprehension.

Nothing is so wrong with the way things are that warrants these changes.

I don't think the Devs know what to work on so they came up with this.

This is not a 'wise' publish by any stretch of the imagination.

#12 Madrid, Mar 18, 2013
    KLOMP likes this.
  13. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

In my eyes, yes. Some of the changes may directly effect the only thing left in the game I do and if that's nerfed then yes this is my Trammel patch.

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

just spend your time gathering up some barbed, valorite, etc ;p...can't wait for all the failure breaks on enhance

15. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

1) High Res... blah blah blah. If I see a post by you I know your going to say this.
    2) You don't wanna redo your PvM suits... Too bad sooo sad. The biggest reason that UO has had such longevity is because they basically force us to change it up / redo templates sooooo frequently. It gives you a goal and allows those that were not enjoying the latest template of the month to try out the next one etc.
    I LIKE it when they mix it up because I love that feeling of brainstorming up what I think will be the next best setup for whatever purpose you choose ..

16. popps

popps Always Present

Does that perhaps mean that after this publish the Sampire will be a template of the past, no longer any more an advantageous template to play in UO ?

17. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

No Messana, No Phoenix, Kyronix and Bleak stumbling around like Mickey with dancing brooms. They need to sort this out and they need to communicate!

18. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'm sure they'll fix the error based on the feedback we've all given, basically stating:

They obviously did it to make the plate armor more appealing, but what they didnt realize is, the stam reduction from non-med armor is actually really appealing even if they don't change stam leech.

#18 Cetric, Mar 18, 2013
    SixUnder likes this.
  19. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with your opinion on the stam leech thing, just to make that clear. i think it should be taken out. They obviously did it to make the plate armor more appealing, but what they didnt realize is, the stam reduction from non-med armor is actually really appealing even if they don't change stam leech.

Stam leech provides the only current tank in uo. I'm sure we'd all evolve to something else to compensate, but i get it. Hope it doesn't make it live, but we've beaten that horse hard in the publish thread, and if they dont take all of that feedback back and change somethings, then there are bigger problems behind the scenes imo. A lot of the players know the game mechanics and playstyles better than the developers, they just know the codes on the back end. So i'm hoping the feedback is taken very, very seriously. That wasn't mean as a knock btw, devs if you read this.

#19 Cetric, Mar 18, 2013
  20. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The diminishing returns on stamina leech has me worried. I just don't understand why they would put this in. Stamina leech isn't effective in PVP only PVM. Did the mobs petition the devs to nerf it? It works fine the way it is.

21. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Parts of it are amazing, as i outlined. its just that the refinements system and the stam leech change, just needs removed and put in a folder somewhere labeled "bad idea for now". I wouldn't mind a refinements system of sorts, but the stuff they would tamper worth as a refinement is a HORRENDOUS idea no matter how you look at it. Screwing with "caps" is never a good idea, and adding other properties probably isn't either.

SixUnder likes this.
  22. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Response One: The Publish should go in immediately so we can switch modes of complaint. We have sufficiently complained about a Publish on Test Center, now we need to complain about a Publish that's live. Also, bonus points to the first person who will complain that it was "rushed."

Response Two: The Publish secretly is already live on the production shards, it's just that the devs have only told their friends about it. The next time any reader of this post loses in PvP, keep that in mind. Clearly it was because they took advantage of something in the new Publish that you did not yet know was live.

-Galen's player

23. KLOMP

KLOMP Sage

This. The refinement system is clearly some developer's baby, and they won't give up on it even though it's a terrible idea. Literally everyone is against it, but they just keep forlornly tweaking it week in and week out.

24. chise2

chise2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

Yeah I ended up breaking down and making a suit for my abc archer even though I had planned on waiting for the publish to go through originally. I just found that I ran out of mana too fast with my regular pvp suits which donlt have mana regen since on my usual pvp template I run 120 med. Of course I play on Siege so my suits aren't really maxed out or anything. But still I know I used relic frags, pelts not to mention 60 seeds of renewal so not a super cheap type of suit either.

25. chise2

chise2 Sage

Actually I think the stamina leech changes aren't a problem for sampires its all the other melee pvm templates that may be screwed lol. At least that is the impression I got from a previous thread.

I am over all a fan of the animal form changes maybe they could raise speed it casts at though to help compensate.

26. chise2

chise2 Sage

Yeah I admit I have actually started to farm some dragon scales even though with the way things are looking right now a full suit of it is out of the question. But hey maybe I could make some helms for the looks or something. A full metal suit with dragonhelm looks pretty good. :)

27. chise2

chise2 Sage

Yep and I think they also didn't seem to realize that inherent lmc and stamina protection are plenty of incentive to wear nonmed armors. There was no need to add yet another new form of crafting that just complicates things and brings a lot of balance issues. I think the lmc/stamina bonuses combined with the recent resist upgrades are plenty.

28. SixUnder

:eyes:

yeppers :)

29. SixUnder

refinements are adding to something that is not balanced the way it is. hence bad idea, 100% agree:party: