1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New SA client question?`

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Old Wolf, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Old Wolf

Old Wolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This is a quick one... I've read a lot about the new client, but on thing I can't seem to find an answer to (though I'm sure it's out there)... is this client supposed to replace 2d, or is it supposed to, like KR, receive updates along side it? I'd hate to loose my favorite client... uo just doesn't feel like UO in KR (no offense intended to those partial to KR, just my personal preference).

2. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

No it's a choice between, it's not a replacement.

3. Old Wolf

Stratics Veteran

Oh thank goodness, I was pretty upset because it sounded like a replacement. Thanks a ton!! :)

4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Go to uo.com, click on the "Stygian Abyss" banner. Click on "game overview" and then "FAQ" ... once you navigate that gauntlet, your question is the first one answered.

( oops, or someone could just give the answer :) )

5. Old Wolf

Stratics Veteran

Ah.. thanks. I actually went to the site before, but I didn't see the FAQ. Doh.

6. SA is actually a replacement for KR.

7. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The SA client should be the best of both worlds (KR and 2D client. :)

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Should be but whether or not it proves to be remains to be seen... there are a few things that it MUST have before I'll give up my 2d...

First it MUST have the ability to save my journals (All important to me)
    Secondly it must not have the hideously ugly paperdolls that KR does. (Can't play it my characters look hideous)
    And it MUST not change the basic play of the game. I don't want to relearn how to play UO .... after some 8 or 9 years it's pretty ingrained into my system and I don't want to form new habits.

What I want it to have... is a meld of improved graphics... a whole lot less bugs... the speed of KR, the macro system of KR.... a whole lot less bugs than KR.... a radar map that looks as good as the 2d map but works like the KR map... a way to port my macro's from 2d... (this is actually quite important. With over 40 characters I seriously DO NOT want to redo all my macros!)....

9. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

if it doesn't support mouse wheel function macros, a solid macro system, better graphics then KR, and some sort of mapping feature i won't use it lol. Much like you i need these things to play the style of game i play.

10. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was gonna say that there's nothing wrong with redoing the macros since you may actually fine tune them better than before.... then I read you have 40 characters.... ouch! I can see how the import would be a must.

11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

An import or some sort of copy paste... since most of my characters are based on particular groups.. tamers, crafters, dexers, archers, and mages.

12. guum

guum Guest

I was playing with KR for a while, and honestly, for the most part, I like it pretty well...but both times I've installed it on my system, within a month or so, it's started to slow down (a lot!) and crash. So really, I'd be happy if they just had a stable and relatively quick client that doesn't crash and doesn't dip down to 1-2 FPS at champ spawns.

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

have you tried making sure you are defraged? and turn off the log save option? just a couple thoughts !

14. guum

guum Guest

Yeah, I've defragged. Haven't tried the log save option though...I'll give that a shot.