1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Sampire needing armor advice

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Wevie, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Wevie

Wevie Guest

Greetings. I've been training a Sampire for a while now. My first goal is to farm Miasma.

Current skills (still working them up):

Swords: 100
    Bushido: 95
    Tactics: 115 <- had it, will turn down
    Anatomy: 110 <- had it, will turn down
    Necromancy: 100
    Chivalry: 70
    Parrying: havent started

Also available:
    Healing 100
    Spirit Speak 100
    Focus 100
    Fencing 105
    Archery 115

Training is starting to get boring. I ran fence from 0-105 in the Jhelom pits along with Swards from 0-100 Training Bushido along the way.

I've decided to kill some of the boredom by actually going out and using my new sampire.

Current equipment:
    Aegis of Grace
    Fey Leggings
    Stromgrip
    Jewels total: DI 30, DCI 8

I have a twinkling scimitar with:
    HLD 44
    DCI 6
    SSI 25
    DI 50
    Energy Resist 13

So my questions are:

Easiest way to complete my armor so that I can start whacking on some decently strong bad guys.

What decently strong bad guys can I start fighting?

What goals should I set before going to pound on Miasma?

2. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Your question is too open ended, with far too many variables, including your macros, tactics and just plain abilities. (as in your actual abilities, not the characters)

You will find dozens and dozens of threads here about Armor, weapons. whole suits, builds, and TONS of varying opinions about the best Sampire build.

Best advice I can give is to read thru the forums some, then get out and do some killing. If you kill it, you are on the right track, if it kills you, you need to make some adjustments.

But try Succubi first.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

For your weapons, hit mana leech and possibly hit stamina leech are indispensable for a sampire. I recommend that you grab a soul seeker and start practicing on ogres and ogre lords in despise. Once this becomes easy, move up to troglodytes at the Painted Caves. When you can kill trogs and lurg, then move up to miasma.

But to reiterate, you definitely want all of your weapons to have, at minimum, hml and hsl.

Good luck!

4. Wevie

Wevie Guest

I've been reading and reading. Like you say, there are a LOT of opinions. My skills are... none. :( I've been a tamer for years and occasionally a mage, but melee I have never done.

I'll pick up a soul seeker and give it a whirl.