1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] New seer dye event?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Tomas_Bryce, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

On Izumo if you go through brit/haven bank and take a gate you will see special seer/ancient elementals which do the same thing as slimes. Not sure if colors change.

2. feath

feath Guest

i totally missed the last one. how does it work? how do you dye the items?

3. Bodhi

Bodhi Guest

dbl click the elementals

4. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

and the point is..........

5. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

To inform those that wouldn't have known otherwise...?

6. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

some people, like myself, like to know when cool events are going on on the asian shards. they still have seer and volunteer programs & they do a LOT of events that are really fun to check out - the AoS slime event was one of the funnest UO things i've ever done. it's hard getting notice about such events, and the UO official japanese page isn't very english friendly, even using a translator.

after the tip from Tomas i created a new char on Izumo and had a lot of fun last night running around the event area and dying stuff with the weird elementals. i think the event was a one-day only thing, but it was fun to check it out. thank you Tomas for letting us know!

7. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I meant what does the cloth do?? why is it special?? is it worth like 2 transfer tokens to bring back some of this cloth to a western shard???

Oh and sorry but quite simply i find rare enough time to play one shard never mind muliple shards due to real life..

8. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

Who said others don't have a real life? *laughs* Don't quite understand why you're assuming everyone has to have skilled chars on several shards - none needed for this event at all. :)

Personally, I wouldn't say it's really worth it since the cloth isn't as "special" as the other was. Created a new char on Izumo to take a look at it - worth a look (makes me wish we had such nice decorations... especially at WBB *drools*), but won't be transferring for the cloth.

9. feath

feath Guest

i get through the gate, but can't find the elementals. which way you go?

10. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

they look like acid elementals, right there to your left :)

11. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ah, thanks for the clarification THP, at first it sounded like you meant the point of tomas's post...
    i would guess that no, this event it's not worth transferring for. the AoS event was, since it ran for a few weeks and you could theoretically get all 24 AoS colors. i only found out about that event 2 days before it was over, but still had a blast. but this event, it seems there's only 2 colors (light green and dark green). i haven't seen any other elementals, if anyone has please let me know!

12. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

By any chance, did you check to see if the colors matched Ranger Green or Ilshenar Green? As the maintainer of the new craftsman forum FAQs, I really need to know for the guide to rare colors.

13. DevilsOwn

sorry, only dyed what I had on me

[​IMG]

14. feath

feath Guest

the two greens...
    hope there's other colors :(

Attached Files:

15. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Can someone with the requisite knowledge in pixel sampling check this against rare greens?

16. Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran

It would be very nice if someone can translate the book "Seer Fair 2008" that is locked down in the display case. I am very curious as to what it says.

17. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Is the event over? I can't find any gate inside Britain or New Haven bank.

18. DevilsOwn

Basara, I have my character over there with the clothing, and you're more than welcome to the items to do your own tests :)

19. Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran

I think it moves to a new shard every weekend.

More info here

20. DevilsOwn

kay, that was a little too much fun.... the place with the odd pond (pictures on Tomas' link) is in Nujelm, and the odd little pond is reflecting the moons of Sosaria and the water is hot, those columns are steam rising from it... just west of there is a lifeguard tower... now I can see you're wondering why they might need such... well, it seems that you can enter the water on a little stretch of shorefront there

very pretty colors this time around, and I dyed my death robe from my last visit there ;)