1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Server: Sword of Damocles (W)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Endal, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Endal

Endal Journeyman

I think that the West Coast needs a Siege Ruleset server. They have Siege for the East Coast and Mugen for Asia, but there isn't one for the West Coast.

My suggestion keeps in line with the server names. Siege Perelous was Merlin's Seat that if you sat in, you would die (unless you touched the Holy Grail) and the Sword of Damocles was a sword that hung from a single thread over the King's Chair (who wants to be king?!)

With the new rules with the Siege Servers about houses, I think it would be awesome to have a whole new place where players can go and play on Siege rulesets without having to worry about cross-country latency.

Also, there hasn't been a new server in like... a decade. Might be fun to have something new, especially one that people can't transfer to/from.

Skunk likes this.
  2. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

They are not going to start a new server with a ruleset that appeals to only a minority of the UO population. Just have to get used to the lag I'm afraid, or use one of the game proxy services that help with that sort of thing.

3. Endal

Endal Journeyman

I don't think it's as small of a percentage as it used to be. Now that they have the Siege/Mugen Housing rules in place a lot of people have been going over to give Siege a try. I went over there around the same time... but to be fair, I also returned to the game then, too. It seems to be fairly well populated, even if most of them are just people who want to place another housing plot and then never return (facepalm).

What kind of Proxy Services are you talking about? I haven't heard of those yet.

4. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

The population is still relatively low, and splitting it further would not be good.

I don't know the names of all the game proxy services, but there are several I think. I believe they simply cut down the number of hops between you and the game servers. I have a guildmate from Germany that uses one called WTfast and it has significantly improved his ping to Siege (from around 310 to 220).

5. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There is no Siege Rule set server in Europa either

6. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

There's no need for more Siege servers.

7. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

There's no need for more servers of any kind...

8. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Lets fill this one we have first, I play from Denmark so why can't you play from west coast?

hen likes this.
  9. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Don't know a lot about Siege but this is dang sure true for the normal shards, if anything they need to take an honest long hard look at *gulps* actually merging them... some of the shards give an all new meaning to ghost town.

10. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Use Lowerping...

11. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

No. That won't fix it either.