1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Shame monsters

Discussion in 'UHall' started by LeBaiton, Nov 23, 2011.

1. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just wondering. I'm going to rummage through my old juka bows one of these nights. Are there any new monsters in Shame which might be vulnerable to double slayers?

2. Roland Of Gilead

Roland Of Gilead Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Not that i know of yet.Seems pretty much same as norm dif versions of old monsters are still subject to slayers of the norm versions of those monsters..Like ogre slayers for ogre related monsters earth ele slayer for earth/greater earth eles so on so forth.But i also said yet so maybe someone else has found one?Would be cool to find a use for bows like that ;)Elemental Super Slayers seem to cover Alot of ground in shame now on all lvls.BUt u do more dmg with specific types like air ele slayer/earth ele slayer

3. LeBaiton

So would I have use for Elemental Slayer / Earth Elemental Slayer bows, or Elemental Slayer / Air Elemental Slayer bows? Be interresting to know. I still have lots of old double slayer bows left...

4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

You'll hit the 300% dmg cap easier and won't need EoO or CW too much so can use less mana. Those bows swing pretty slow though.

5. LeBaiton

I reckon I can imbue them with SSI and enhance with ash to improve the speed...

What about other monsters in there? Repond for those evil mages and wall trolls? Perhaps a Repond / Troll slayer would be nice to have. Anything else in there that might benefit from having a specific double slayer?

Thanks so far!

6. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

repond slayer and a Mage Slayer talisman are good for the burning/cursed mages.
    Blood elemental slayer for the diseased blood eles.
    wind elementals fall under air elemental i think.
    The unbound EVs are elemental slayer too i believe.

7. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

The evil mages are vulnerable to mage slayer talismans, but not repond.

The bridge troll may look like an ogre, but he is a troll. Troll slayer or repond on him.

I haven't found a slayer for the eternal gazers yet. Does anyone know what slayer they are vulnerable to?

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The dont have one .. at least that we have found

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Gazers have never had an associated slayer.

10. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Would the mages be doubly susceptible to a mage ripper used in conjunction with a mage slayer talisman?

11. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

probably not, id think it would be like using a undead slayer weapon while wearing conjurers trinket, 2 of the same slayer would be the same as one id think

12. Kralock

Kralock Guest

Hmm I seem to remember when slayers (other than silver) and virtue bows, a mage slayer worked on them, but this was in the past and may no longer apply.

13. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Wearing the Undead Slayer Conjurer's Trinket and using an Undead Slayer weapon does increase your damage. In other words the two identical slayers in different item slots do stack or at least they did the last time I tried it, a few months ago.

It's a good bet, though not certain, that the dual mage slayers would work similarly.

Let us know.

Also, Repond does indeed, in my tests, work on the evil mages on level 5.

I have tested it on at least 2 different ones, the burning one and the crazed one.

Because the mages are Repond, this means that they will do extra damage to you when you have an undead slayer equipped.

Including the popular Conjurer's Trinket.

-Galen's player

14. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I only remember mage slayers since Mondain's Legacy and the introduction of Talismans.

Am I incorrect?

-Galen's player

15. Kralock

Kralock Guest

I am not sure anymore, but I know it was on a weapon not the talisman's, I DO however remember eating up gazers with a weapon that did extra damage to them back in the day though :), when i say back in the day, I dont remember the time frame though, my memory started having issues year ago :p

16. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

They do stack (talisman + slayer weapon) however they are limited by the 300% DI cap so if you're not capped on the first you'll cap with the second.

I usually hit the ratman mini-champ with a Vermin Slayer talisman and a Repond Slayer weapon, also the goblin mini-champ with the Goblin Slayer Talisman and Repond Slayer weapon. Let me do a quick test swapping between the slayer talisman and a Primer of Arms (straight 20% DI) and see what happens.

... *test commences at goblin mini-champ* ...

Ok, using the dual Slayer I do 75-88 points of damage per hit. Removing the goblin slayer, I do 56-65 with the Repond Slayer weapon only.

17. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Try the opposite. Isn't the Goblin slayer like a specific slayer type which is double the super slayer? So Try leaving the Goblin Slayer on and taking off the Repond and see if there is a difference.

18. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Goblin Slayer Talisman + non-Slayer weapon = 43-50 damage vs 75-88 with both.

19. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

They weren't called 'slayer' back before AoS, they had names like 'a supremely accurate katana of troll slaughter' or 'a fortified axe of flame dousing'. I can't remember the whole list I'm afraid.

20. Obsidian

Good to know. I'll double slayer before I do my next goblin mini-champ.

I wonder if this works for other undead creatures. Should I run with my Conjurer's Trinket and an undead slayer weapon? If it works the same, this would negate the need for Enemy of One.