1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] new sos loot

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Raider Red, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

how rare is the ship's strongbox ?I was surprised when I got a shiny metal box instead of the old chests,I new there was new loot and did about 40 sos's today and got only 1 strongbox.If they are rare I may have a new obsesion to do. :)

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Not sure of the exact rarity - probably about 1-4% of SOS. I often get none from 20-30 SOS, then get one when I don't expect it.

3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

To spread some rumours .... :D
    I cant remember that i got one at GM fishing. The chance to get one could be tied to your fishing skill.
    Not to mention that you even can get an ancient one. (Shiny white like all chests from ancient mibs.)

4. Belshazzar

Belshazzar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I went and did about 40 sos the other night and got my first strongbox, and in the same pre loot pull i got the yellow bikini top. Was amazed thought they were only from ship fights lol. The character was GM fishing, and i had previously fished up close to 100 sos during the week.