1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Spawn in SA

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sevin0oo0, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

They 'look' like gargoyles, tried repond/undead/gargoyle slayers/ maybe daemon too, not really much effect.
    Movement rate seems pretty normal for a monster.
    They're very dark colored, and highlight reddish
    So, what are they Really?
    and how many thousands of HP do These ones have?
    This was in the goblin champ area, so those that go there regularly,be forewarned.

I haven't lured it off yet to see if it has 'bounce-back' like renowneds, but will, PITA now, just to go do a simple spawn
    They use Mysticism, and regularly cast rising colossus
    If you run off for just a sec to heal up, They will heal up too, either that or their HP regen is pretty high.

When the Devs get All the spots filled in w/ new stuff like this, SA may become just as vacant as all their Other dungeons, good job

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Fiction-wise, they are gargoyle separatists. (They object to the friendly relationship between Ter Mur and Britannia, and between Queen Zhah and Queen Dawn.)

I have noted no slayer weapons.

I find them fun to fight but there's little purpose to it as of yet. The status of them as separatists or traitors hasn't been established in-game yet, the devs just spoke about them as such at that tele-conference thing. At that time it was also said that they'd have "goodies" but I haven't seen anything special yet.

There are 3 spawn points. One is the one you saw, the other two are on the east side of the Abyss, near the demon mini-champ spawn.

My hope and guess is that they are a prelude to whatever's going to happen after In the Shadow of Virtue is completed.

-Galen's player

3. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

check the spellbooks they drop

4. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Some drop full mystic spellbooks, yes.....You saying that likely counts as the "goodies?" I don't play any kind of mage so I wouldn't necessarily be aware if these were fairly rare otherwise.

Or are you referring to something else?

-Galen's player

5. covert

covert Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

They cover some already bloated areas of SA. Really hope they're not permanent.

6. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

WHAT fiction? Publish notes does not acceptable fiction make...

7. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

well at least they didnt make mystic books as hard to attain as SW books and spells. :)

nothing like spending 12 hours farming scrolls just so you can start to learn the skill.

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Must be this:

Mysticism +10
    Fey Slayer
    Mana Regeneration 1
    Spell Damage Increase 10%
    Faster Cast Recovery 1
    Faster Casting 1
    Lower Mana Cost 5%
    Lower Reagent Cost 10%

The new gargoyles aren't animals either, so by changing their political view they got a Race Change??? Not very believable, My theory - one of the Devs' buddies got interrupted doing the goblin spawn a couple times, got mad & had them ruin it for Everyone.
    Why not put a greater dragon spawn at All the champ spawns - we all know how that'd go over. I think someone is making decisions who doesn't even play UO. I won't mention a name, but I bet you can guess.(duh, what's a sampire?)

9. Elden of Baja

Elden of Baja Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Haven't seen the ones near the Control area, but I can say that the Necro Ones near the demon spawn are very annoying. Then Again I think necro on any monster is annoying!!!! Nothing like getting bload oathed and then instantly killing yourself.

I'd have to agree that one was a FAIL on the dev's part.

10. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

are you saying the mystic books they drop have mods?

11. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Those stats are from Fallen Mystic's Spellbook that drops from Styg Drag. I would hate to think they are dropping from just the gargs, but you never know. I have killed quite a few of them and never seen a book with mods. But RNG does hate me soooooo.......

12. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

That is the Fallen Mystic's Spellbook, which comes from the Stygian Dragon.

As someone else asked, are you saying that the separatists occasionally drop spellbooks with properties?

Or are you saying that you managed to get the Fallen Mystic's Spellbook from one of them (thereby meaning that that spellbook no longer comes only from the Stygian Dragon)?

Or was this post a joke/hoax/sarcasm or something like that?

-Galen's player

13. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I killed bout 40-50 of them so far and best item was a full mystic spellbook on one of them.

14. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

no, i didn't personally get it. That's what someone showed, and told me when I went back down w/ my tamer to do an animal lore. sounds like I was lied to now. sorry for the fake BS about the book, it wasn't on purpose

15. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Thanks.

I have some hope they will add "goodies" (their word) later on.

I'm actually thinking this is a prelude to whatever scenario is going to follow the Virtuebane scenario.

But we shall see.

-Galen's player