1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

New Spawn type idea

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Intoxication, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Intoxication

Intoxication Guest

I was thinking the other day (i know i know hurts a lot when i do that) while doing some spawns. The same old spawns in the same old places, boring, boring, boring. While sailing over to Tarra Sanctum I thought "wouldn't it be sweet if there were a alter in the middle of the ocean, a spawn of all sea critters that you would have to fight from a boat." maybe they would have to come up with some new sea critters for this but i just thought hay that would be sweet.
  2. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

And gold from the champion was placed directly to my bank, yea!
  3. Intoxication

Intoxication Guest

who does champ spawns for gold?
  4. *raises hand*
  5. Intoxication

Intoxication Guest

lol well there will still be all the same old ilsh, tok, and fel spawns if you just want gold.
  6. Intoxication

Intoxication Guest

or may be just make it all fall on the alter. then you have to get out of your boat to get it.
  7. Crow

Crow Guest

More spawns? YES

Someone name me an event or activity that brings so many people together, and has consistently for years. There isn't. Spawns and Harrowers are not only vital to pvp, but UO itself.

Before the naysayers pipe up, ask yourself if you have seen 10, 20, or 40 plus people, as well as multiple allied, hated, or indifferent guilds working together or fighting over a small piece of real estate for hours. Sometimes for no other reason then to bash each other’s skulls in.

Well my friends, I have, and I must say it's beautiful.

Even if you don't like a lot of group action, spawns can be done by yourself, or with a small group, if you know what you're doing. Both offer reward, excitement, danger...and yes, even if you're lame enough to just do them in ilsh...GOLD!!!...YAAAY...

Point is, some of us have been doing them over and over for years, some guilds do Despise exclusively over and over just cause they know it will draw a fight...for most of the old timers scrolls are simply nothing more then bragging rights, sometimes not even bothering with protection.

It's LOOONG over due for more spawn types, and spawn locations.

A spawn out in the water with boats? Sounds awesome...Shame on you RP pirates for not speaking up...RRRRR...(sorry I haven't RP'd in years)
  8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
    Hum........ I think it's an interesting idea..... certainly worth looking into... however I don't know about others but to me being out to sea on a boat is EXTREMELY laggy!....