1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] New stratics selling system to replace trade forums - feedback

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Smoot, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Since i know many on the rares forum never go to traders hall, id like you all to check out the new changes coming to stratics and provide any thoughts / feedback on the system if you have any.

It is stickied at the top of Traders hall, i have also provided a direct link.

http://stratics.com/threads/classifieds-system.346243/

Decadence likes this.
  2. Jason-

Jason- Slightly Crazed

I made a post. But honestly...I am not excited about this at all. Maybe I should be more open minded to change, but I really enjoy the current set up. Are there that many of you that don't like the current setup?

3. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thank you Smoot for bringing this to the community's attention.

This was my response:

Alexander of ATL. likes this.
  4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I'm gonna chime in here just a touch.

With trade going on the forums we've consistently seen several types of complaints. Usually it's people "bumping" posts too often or the Mixed content you often get when people are posting large numbers of items, "That belongs in Rares Trade/Non-Rares". You guys don't get to see these post reports, but what does it mean when the same complaint or issue pops up over and over? Usually it means there is something that needs improved.

With the later common complaint, it's often because the Trade Boards aren't really categorized well, and to break things down further we'd have to look at either adding a ton of Sub-Forums to act as Categories or a Lot of Pre-fixes. For example, how many basic categories of Rares are there? Sever Birth, Unique Items, Global Event Arc items, EM Event Items. Some of these like the EM Event Items can be broken down further between the Vending Machine Drops and the Limited Count drops. Non-Rares? You have resources, crafted items, decorations people selling houses, pets etc.

Sure you can search for a specific item you are looking for or randomly browse the posts, but how many are going to be active threads, or closed. Was there not a buyer and the seller got rid of it in game?

The idea behind this Classifieds System is to allow someone to create a sell offer, stick it in a category, and then just wait for the most part. The listing gets 7 days then has to be renewed, active and closed sells are separated and can't be bumped back to the first page by someone asking a question, and there is no need for the seller to bump the listing at all since it's clearly marked if it's active or not.

For buyers if they know they are looking for a specific type of item, be it Jewelry, they can go and with one click see only active listing for jewelry for sale. The same would hold true for Armor, Weapons, Resources, Pets, Houses, various categories of rares as well.

When it came down to it, the other option which was to tighten up and rules and create more categories through forums and pre-fixes would have ended up not solving the more common issues we have reported, and only increase the amount of oversight required of the Trade Boards, and of course quite possibly resulted more punishments being handed out to the community for breeching the tightened rules the Classifieds system will make unnecessary.

SoftServeDreams and Scribbles like this.
  5. Jason-

Jason- Slightly Crazed

So the simple fix here is to have both. I don't imagine anyone is going to be upset if the forums stay the way they are and we also have this new addon to sell items on.

I would imagine there are more issues in the trade forum rather than the rares forum..but most of those complaints probably come from people that use the boards very little. Just a guess.....but Im willing to bet on it. Adding a few subcategory forums seems like a very simple thing to do to combat this as well...while I don't think it is necessary I do think that you could have Event Items / Rares and fix that in this forum all together....once again I dont think its needed. The other trade forum could possibly require a lot more categories depending on how far you want to go...but simply having Houses For Sale / Weapons,Armor,Jewles for Sale / Everything Else could make that forum a lot more manageable.

Are people leaving the community? Is there less activity because of these complaints? Are these people complaining regularly...or did they get pissed off once and want to *****? Is stratics going under? I think the answer to all of those is no. And if that is the case then a drastic change just doesn't make sense.

Hell I could be 100% wrong...I haven't been here long. But my impression has been that things run great here. When we get pissed at each other over here and are throwing stones over pictures being jacked...a moderator comes in and wipes it all clean and slaps our hand. Other than that....respect for one another usually handles all the petty BS. Like I keep saying...I just don't see where something is broken and needs fixing. But if were gunna implement change...lets have both or at the minimum do it gradually. Otherwise I fear The answer to some of those questions I asked will absolutely be a resounding yes.

6. Dregg

Dregg Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I posted about how more input might be needed about this new idea.

7. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Example screenshots have been posted.