1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Tables

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doubleplay, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, I got the new kings item pack. I mainly was interested in the new tables so I could replace the stone tables I have been using to display items.

Everything I put on the new tables hangs off the front edge of the table. WTH? What good are tables if you cannot place anything properly on the top?

2. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Use a tool and just raise it up?

3. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have been doing that when possible, but since the tables are in rows, it looks weird when walking between rows if items are raised. Oh, and by the way, folks, be careful when looking through your items. I was standing in the middle of the room double clicking the deeds and placing to see what stuff looked like. Holding an axe, I redeeded back to my backpack. That is until I got to the alchemists shelf. That item placed and locked down when the deed was clicked. I automatically axed it to oblivion before I realized what was going on. So be careful, some of the items are deeds that make items that can be unlocked and moved around. These items cannot be axed back to a deed.

4. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Check to see if it turned into a barrel...some deeded items have been doing that for quite awhile.
    It will go back to a bookshelf when replaced.

5. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

Mine redeeded into a barrel so I'm pretty sure that's what happened, since you do need to axe them to move them.

6. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Where was the barrel? In your backpack?

7. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the info. I just logged back in and the barrel is now in my backpack. It was not there when I logged out.

8. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah they have seem to be doing this with a lot of the new tables (SA craftables etc). Part of the reason for this is that the new tables take up 4 tile squares but is centered within those squares leaving an empty space around it. The stone tables of yesteryear however only take up on tile with x however many tile length. So since it takes up the entire width of a tile, the items appear on them properly. This is something that definitely needs fixed but due to the way the graphics are made and stuff, probably will not be able to be done and we will have to depend on our trusty deco tools.

9. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bummer.

10. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Pretty lame...

11. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Should report this through the UO website, as I don't think they are aware that this is a big issue. I already reported it last week, but nothing got done about it.

12. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I also noticed an issue with the new wood and metal tables unlike anything ive seen before. When I am in the EC, and move the items with deco tool to sit properly on table, it will look fine, However, in teh CC they dont show as being moved with hoseu deco tool, all the items stay stacked and hanging off the edge.

13. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can't find any tables that would fit the new loveseats. Why don't they actually test any of the things they add.

[​IMG]

I tried all the tables I could find but nothing would fit properly in front of the new seats.

14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Well having used the deco tool and all I did do one or two things to make them work slightly better..... first I put them on Goza's..... raised the goza's 4 or 5 times till they were close to my chair.. then placed the table... Looks WAY better... However placing items on them not so much.... Maybe need to raise the Goza's some more and then place the desired objects on the Goza's not the table...