1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Theme - Blue Steel!

As discussed in my previous article, we implemented a new theme in order to bring our Site up to date, ensure it continues working as we update...
Tags:
  1. Ron Bron

Ron Bron Former President
    VIP Contributor Alumni

Ron Bron submitted a new Article:

New Theme - Blue Steel!

Read more about this article here...

2. Peekay

Peekay Slightly Crazed

Pls stop forcefully changing the way we view this website. If I wanted to use the new theme, I would go into my preferences and select it, like I am doing now to change it back... Oh wait, we no longer have the option to use the old theme. Only "UO Classic" which is an awful mesh of bright colors, punishing anyone with a sensitivity to bright lights, and this new and equally abhorrent theme, which makes objects look for too spaced apart from one another, as if a chameleon had created it.

Please bring back the previously used "Dark theme" or whatever it's called... I prefer calling it "The theme that doesn't make me feel like I'm being skull ****ed by a 10,000 watt spot light."

railshot and LetheGL like this.
  3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

This is the updated version of the "Dark Theme" by it's author, the only major change that was made was adding the dark blue background.

4. Gamer_Goblin

LOL That Zoolander pic though... and the My Little Ponies thing was awesome. Anyways... loving the site again. The new moderators are very good.

:postcount:

Captn Norrington and Ron Bron like this.
  5. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Calling all old fogies (like me) o.0 to unite against change! :grrr:

Gamer_Goblin likes this.
  6. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's very laggy. Hope that settles down.

7. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I think the pony thing is funny as well, though I'm going to have to think up more stuff we can do for during down times to mix it up a bit.

Gamer_Goblin likes this.
  8. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

Ron, when you click into a thread we are no longer seeing the thread title at the individual post level for our shard forums. Could you see about fixing that for us?

9. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

Could we select our own background then?

LetheGL likes this.
  10. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

Are you referring to the breadcrumb? Could you give me a screenshot of the feature you are referring to using UO Classic? Thanks!

11. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

Right now everyone can choose between UO Classic and Blue Steel. Premium members can change font color and style and background texture. This week we will introduce some UO specific backgrounds that premium members can also select from.

12. Nexus

Nexus Site Support

She's talking about this.

losttitle.png

Ron Bron likes this.
  13. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

Let me see what can be done. I feel like there is a way to get that back, but I can't remember it right now.

14. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome to 2001. That movie and this theme suck.

15. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I like the new theme. As long as it isn't Blue Balls...

Ron Bron likes this.
  16. Lord Obsidian

Lord Obsidian Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor

Sorry to say, but I am somewhat less than impressed with the progress stratics has gone through in the last couple of months. It's getting more and more bloated and sluggish (*), cluttered with irritating news and info frames, a rather bumpy navigation and a very debatable choice of color theme.

Maybe I have to get used to this altered navigation first, but having a clear thread title and full forum path in the top region of a thread (like some have already requested above) could be helpful. I would also appreciate having the Forum Tabs back. Colorwise, any Theme with neutral colors (grey, black) would perfectly contrast the colors in avatars and signatures, and would avoid this "rainbow patchwork" impression I got right now.

(*) For the loading times:
    For example, directly opening uhall (my primary bookmark for stratics, not cached, not logged in = no sigs), takes me about 20s to fully load the page, with over 100 requests, and over 3.5MB of data. Cutting that down by disabling all the useless requests (at least for me useless...) to facebook, twitter, steam, google+, all sort of google feedback and of course all ad servers (by a DNS whitelist only allowing stratics.com, not an adblocker plugin!), the loading time comes down to around 2 to 3 seconds, although I now get the "adblocker aware" nag frame. No offense, but for the moment, I prefer to see the adblocker nag... ;)

17. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

Here is the screen shot in the current theme.... you can see the title is now missing. :(

screen-shot-missing-title.png

18. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

I keep poke around, but it might not be an option to bring it back. This update brought a couple differences in the breadcrumb that we are trying to sort out unfortunately...

19. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

Its weird Ron because it shows up at the top of announcements and stickies.... like THIS thread... if you look at the top. So its definitely there... just not visible somehow.

Ron Bron likes this.
  20. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

I think it is fixed now. It was apparently a bug in the add-on that was just patched, so I updated the add-on and now it looks like it is working.

[​IMG]

Hannes Erich likes this.
  21. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

We are raising money for building a UO Classic replacement. If you are interested in contributing, click here for details.