1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New to House Building

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by dgriego, Jan 20, 2011.

1. dgriego

dgriego Guest

I have a marble villa with patio, which I think is a 14x14 plot, it has two floors and a roof. I would like to know two things.

1. If I click customize home does my entire house disappear or can I just add a third floor to the current design?

2. What tools do I need to build a third floor?

Thank you

2. grig_since98

grig_since98 Guest

That is one of the fixed design houses, not a custom house. I believe you can access that option through the house sign interface, but you may want to check and be sure what will happen, because i've never gone back and forth from a custom to a fixed design.

3. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

From a guide written by Aalia

This menu allows you to:

* Convert to customizable House: This converts a pre-built house into an empty plot on which you can then build a house of your own design. You will be refunded the value of your old home, and then charged the cost of the empty plot.

The empty plot will have the same footprint of your old house (except for Large Towers), and the same number of maximum lockdowns and secure storage. Any items, add-ons and vendors that were in your house will be stored in the moving crate (see House Customization).

Note that Castles, Keeps, and L-shaped houses cannot be converted into customizable plots, due to their odd-shaped footprints.