1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New to shard stupid question thread

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Anon McDougle, Oct 5, 2008.

1. 1. does everyone have hiding !!!!

2. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That is a can of worms..

Of course not EVERYONE does, but alas, it will seem like everyone does because its one of those skills that is normally accompanied by tamers, and tamers get magnified cause we hate them

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No, neither of my characters do, but one is human so she can hide using JoaT if she's very lucky and tries hard enough.

4. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Nope, but it is a common skill to have. Even in the guardzones you are not totally safe so it's nice to be able to disappear before going afk for a minute or two.

5. which brings uo stupid question 2 if i am attacked in guard zone can i call for the guards ?

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yes, you can, but some people are rather expert at getting you dead before they get guardwhacked :D

7. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

When you are new, usually low on hit points and lightly armoured, an explosion and some other spell can take you down. The person casting it may be virtually naked apart from a few regs so even if he is guard whacked he will not be risking anything. Similarly, if you go afk for a few minutes they could use said person to throw a poisoned shuriken at you.

Never go afk with anything of great value. Don't carry anything you can't afford to lose, especially in Luna. Even at home, hide before going afk.

8. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

All of the above. . . and welcome to Siege.

9. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

only the ones you cant see!

10. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

and check out the NEW guild

11. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Welcome. I see your first two questions have been answered, so ask more. Oh and be careful.

12. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Or Petra will fuss at you for joining another guild first. :coco:

13. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

LOLOL... So true, So true.

14. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You're a stealth tamer right? You do not even use a shown char in pvp do you? STFU. Get it right we are too busy ganking with our 167 people in vent to bother with hiding!

15. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

My one char with hiding soooo compares to 80% of your guild being stealthers.

16. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Not my fault no one wants to play with you. We are a big guild and each of us have at least 2 accounts; I have access to 6 myself, 2 of which are stealthers, the other 4 are shown pvp chars. guess which ones I pvp on 90 percent of the time? Anyway just clarifying the talking points. The rival pvpers, FIRM/KoC, gripe about the ganks not the stealthers:). Anyone from the JSV alliance griping about stealthers is pretty laughable.....

17. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

All of my own characters here on Siege can hide quite well but only one is a stealthing ninja.

There are other reasons that some players here may utilise the hiding skill besides trying to hide from others of course. For myself I really did not give a rip if others here kill my chrs. since most of my chrs. are crafter templates save for one.

BUT...............early on I learned that Siege is the ONLY shard with the active perma dark wisps that always were fryin my newbie chrs. here. When I first got here more of those killed me than any other players. I had to learn where all they spawned on Siege normally or often...but sure as hell went hiding fast as I could whenever I seen those dark wisps. :) They oft still fried my chrs. but...aye not everyone hides just to hide from others...some maybe just have it to ......observe others...or to hide from some spawn that they just do not like at all..........Siege specific, like dark wisps. :)

Anyway all of my chrs. have assorted hide skill but only one can stand right next to pks and be unseen.........she does not pk nor pvp...just has fun observing everyone slaughtering everyone sight unseen...often..stealthin ninja just for comic relief to sometimes be right under someones butt nearly... and be literally unseen or undetected most of the time.. silent motion so to speak.

18. hehehi met some of the nice dark wisp near trinsic moongate !!!

ok next stupid question whats up with the pally items whats my chiv have to be to use them ?

19. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What you are asking about is our Faction Dye. If you are in the good factions (COM or TB) you can dye your items a whitish color (only usable by pallidans). Now if your evil (SL or Minax) you can dye your stuff a black color (only usable by evils). To dye you must have enough life force, which is farmed by killing the monsters opposite your faction or simply go out and kill the opposing faction players.