1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) New to Siege.. Again

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by mr_warpig, Dec 15, 2010.

1. mr_warpig

mr_warpig Guest

I played on Siege some years ago and I just reactivated an old account an made a new char on Siege. I have this white hued gorget and when I try to wear it, it says "only paladins can equip this item". Is it a Hero/Evil thing or something? Thanks

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

hero dyed most likely. Faction thing.

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Oh! Welcome back, by the way. Ask any questions you may have... Do you know how to Siege bless your one allowed item? (not a cursed one, though). Did you know the Rate over Time (RoT) gaining caps have been removed?

RoT times have been made friendlier as well.

If you are starting over you may qualify for NEW guild. You will have to run that by Shalimar...

4. mr_warpig

mr_warpig Guest

Thanks. RoT is gone!? You mean I can unlock focus now? I was worried that it would go over 70 and I would only be able to gain a few points in each skill. That would be bad since most of my skills are in the 30's right now. I was in NEW when they we're new, long ago.

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

RoT is still in effect. The times are friendlier and the gain caps are gone. As long as you are trying to gain you will. You do not run out of gains, they are still timed though.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

What this basically means is turn every skill you want to gain up. You no longer have to manage the amount of points you get to gain in a 24 hour period. If you are training you are gaining.

I will work with Petra to update the Mythbusting info soon.

7. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome back! If you need anything don't be afraid to ask, new blood is definitely welcome. (even if it's not entirely "new")

8. mr_warpig

mr_warpig Guest

I defiantly spilled some blood today while training. What kind of characters are people using these days? I'm a Swords/Paladin with a little magery to gate from scrolls. I live on the west coast and usually play after 10pm PST. Is anyone else around late at night? Thanks

9. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I guess that depends on what exactly you want to be doing, pvp, pvm, a mix of each, assassin, thief, wandering bard, etc...

10. mr_warpig

mr_warpig Guest

Mostly PvM and a little PvP, especially decent sized battles at spawns.