1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New To Siege - Looking for advice on making gold and gear

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Creapor, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Creapor

Creapor Journeyman

Hello Siege,

Im new to the shard and have been working on my skills very hard. I know this is a very exciting shard and for me its going to be a new beginning to Ultima Online. The major challenges for me are going to be making gold to buy misc items to make in game life easier and more enjoyable. I am currently playing a mystic mage, and i already have a vet reward robe and ethy mount. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and look forward to being a part of this community.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Gather and sell commodities to fat and lazy Siege vets. Anything useful from feathers to imbuing ingredients will sell fast.

Lyconis likes this.
  3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Welcome to Siege. *smiles*

4. CaesarCoW

CaesarCoW Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This

5. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Powder of Trans is always a good way. Thats how I did it when I came back to UO.

6. HoldenCaulfield

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crimson Savages CLAN

Definitely, plus the gems from the ants. Good way to train up skills and make good gold at same time.

7. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

You can also sell the gems to players. I would avoid selling them to the commod vendors in New Mag, as they pay less. Most players will pay you the faction pricing for the gems. For reference, here is a list of what each gem costs with faction town pricing at its lowest -

Gem Prices
    Diamond 419
    Star Saphire 262
    Emerald 209
    Sapphire 209
    Amethyst 209
    Ruby 157
    Tourmaline 157
    Citrine 104
    Amber 104

8. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Untrue my vendor has been buying at

Gem Prices
    Diamond 440
    Star Saphire 285
    Emerald 230
    Sapphire 230
    Amethyst 230
    Ruby 180
    Tourmaline 180
    Citrine 125
    Amber 125

and has been for a long time if some new player wanted to make easy cash you could buy from faction vendors and sell to the "imbue/leather" commodity broker in new mag near docks
    i also adjusted my essences values to hopfully get more of a stock there

Hattori Hanzo likes this.
  9. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Welcome. If you hear of an IDOC. Do what you can to be there. Just one can provide you enormous resources.

10. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

I wasnt aware of that, I hadn't seen your sand just seen others! Awesome, good news for new people :)

Sprago likes this.
  11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I don't see what is wrong with paying less than the faction vendor price. Selling to the stall vendors are the easy way to sell items but may not be the best way to make money.
    If a new Siege player want better price, he can sell to players using the chat or he can get a vendor and selling that way.

The problem with using vendors are, thy take a fee for their service, so so using the chat will always give the best money.

When I pay less or same as faction vendors, I want the young ones to get gems from monsters and mining and sell to me. They can still make alot of money from selling. Lets say, they sell me 100 randum gems, they may very well make around 20k.

I do not like Sprago's prices as I feel they hurt the marked for the crafters who want to buy resources and sell crafted items to a fair price. Just take boure pelt, if a crafter have to pay 5k each boura pelt, his armor will be very expensive. Sure it may give some new chars some fast money but it will hurt others.

12. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

you may not like buying from my vendors but they give players good money for there time spent gathering resources how is that bad im paying for there work not expecting things to be given to me at the best possible deal my vendors are adjusted to pay the gatherers more money which they deserve for there time instead of short changing them like you insist on doing

13. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

and from me they make more now who is taking advantage of who

14. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

if you have abyss then essence is a high seller, also boara pelts (not skins)
    also if you save up a few bags of relic loot from the new shame drops (covetous, shame etc) you can have an imbuer unravel them for you and make 20-50 relics which also sell well.

there is a public teleporter right to abyss in south new mag and the venders there will buy those goods right there at the teleporter.

#14 Lorddog, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  15. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Lets say, our NPC did buy, what would they had paid?, a little less than they sell for I believe.
    Do I take advantage, I don't think so as my reason is to make suits to a payable price.
    Lets now take a an other item, leather, I too may pay a low price here but to be able to resell it, I have to keep price low as I really don't need the leather. If someone pay more, they can sell to them. If I need something and is to lazy to farm it myself, I will raise the prices until I get enough of it.
    I do tell the young players to find the vendor who pay best.

#15 FrejaSP, Feb 21, 2013
  16. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

I think Sprago paying more is a good thing. Don't undersell people. Farming gems is also very time consuming. An paying a little more for the gems is reasonable, it takes ages to farm them up on the vendors. I did that this past weekend using my partner's account and I spent from 6AM-12PM farming vendors... What a time consuming project.

#16 Rumpy, Feb 21, 2013
  17. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I certainly see Sprago's reasoning. He basically does not want to fool with getting gems and it is worth his time to pay a little extra per. It's no different than buying higher priced reagents off player vendors; you are paying that "reg dealer" for his time. I probably would have done the same when I was rolling my own imbuing business but it was not an option then and no players had started loading thier vendors with gems. It's all opprotunity cost..how much silver could I farm in those 6 hours, how many spawns could I knock out, how many essences could I farm, etc. I hereby nominate Sprago for president..he could not possibly frick up our ecnomy any worse than our current one:)

Rumpy likes this.
  18. hazrad

hazrad Journeyman

I'm brand spanking new on SP as well. So I am under the understanding that no NPC vendor will buy items from you. But I see chatter about commodity vendor in New Mag? What exactly is that? I don't really see much info about that anywhere. Thanks!

19. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

New Mag has player run vendors that you can sell to. Go check them all out and compare prices before unloading anything. Most anything you can gather has a price and a buyer. I'm seriously thinking about putting my own buyer up for regs soon. These vendors are a wonderful addition; takes tedium away from the vets and gives the newbie a steady income.

hazrad and Sadmaz like this.
  20. Sadmaz

Sadmaz Visitor

being new to UO i didn't know those vendors existed,thank god i found em out hehe only way to get some decent gold as a starter