1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New to Siege/Returning to UO

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Snoopy13, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Snoopy13

Snoopy13 Guest

Hello everyone! I've not been in UO for a long time, and I was in Luna last night and met someone named Cash, said I should get on the forums and introduce myself. So, hello Siege =)

Cash also said I should ask here about builds. So, I was wondering if I could get some ideas. I was wondering what builds would be good for such things as hunting Balrons, Ice fiends, Titans, and Terathians, or Ophidians. I used to enjoy things such as that and was wondering about the current builds.

Thanks for the help guys and hope to catch you out there!
    ~Snoopy~

2. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Hello and welcome back.

I'm no template guru, but the first question is if you have any preference for general character type - bard, mage, tamer, warrior?

3. Snoopy13

Snoopy13 Guest

Thank you :D I would say either mage or warrior type. But a bard might be fun? I've never really even played a tamer. I just really have no idea what is good now or what works on Siege.

4. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

As I say, I am not a template guru. I don't know what works best or what is the current flavour of the month. My philosophy is always to play the skills you like for the most part. For monster hunting, you can't go wrong with a tamer really, but they are quite tedious to train. Warriors I don't really know anything about. I like playing a mage personally.

5. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I think a returning player always has fun with a bushido/parry dexer.

6. archite666

archite666 Guest

agreed, aka a tank.

This is Cash by the way, i'm telling you this because some people cant read a signature, welcome.

Yes if you want to hunt a monsters, Iv always liked the bushido parry dexxer as well. usually something like

120 weapon skill (swords or macing)
    120 Bushido (crits, and evasion and whatnot)
    120 Parry (blocking)

The only skills are a matter of style

90-120 tactics (for damage and special moves)
    120 resist (keep from getting your mana zapped and paralized)
    85? healing(I forget what the minimum is)
    85? anatomy(Once again I forget the minimum to rez but good for healing and damage)
    70 chiv(enemy of one, divine fury ect)

These numbers of no where near exact Im sure, but its a general idea.

7. Snoopy13

Snoopy13 Guest

Thanks guys! Yeah I seen who you was before reading the post. Thanks for the info Cash =) Anyone got any info on caster types?