1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New update from project lead Supreem

Discussion in 'Shards Online Stratics Forums' started by DustyMonkey, Jan 28, 2015.

1. DustyMonkey

DustyMonkey Visitor

Zuckuss likes this.
  2. Ron Bron

Ron Bron Former President
    VIP Contributor Alumni

Was a good one!

DustyMonkey likes this.
  3. Ron Bron

Ron Bron Former President
    VIP Contributor Alumni

Just got my butt kicked in PVP during Pre-Alpha.

DustyMonkey likes this.
  4. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Don't mention PvP or everyone will quit! XD

DustyMonkey likes this.
  5. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

It was fun killing you today Ron Bron...

Ron Bron and DustyMonkey like this.
  6. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I'm gonna beat Dusty to the punch, yeah... I PvPed today. *Prepares for Stratics mental meltdown at the news* Did decently well too... I think I was at 10 kills and 5 deaths before server 1 went down and didn't really recover (playerwise that is, it changed over to Default rules soon after itr was brought back up). Played for the first couple of hours,so not sure who was on when through the whole thing, but we did have a good group in the afternoon.

I think for me, the current ruleset in regards to what you're risking (you keep equipped items and drop stuff in your backpack) works well and doesn't make me shy away from PvP as much as I did during the early days of UO. There's also the difference between a structured purposeful PvP and the inescapable ganking that marked early UO.

Common issues I heard about while playing and in Mumble was 1. No healing for Warriors and 2. Targeting problems.

On the No Healing bit, there are potions and bandages but their effects are iffy at best right now. Also it'd be nice to have the ability to replace spell hotbar slots with items.

On targeting, there was discussion on putting in a hotkey to cycle through potential targets as well as other possibilities.

Overall, fun times and it will be even more fun once more of the game systems are fleshed out to provide better progression.

#6 Dermott of LS, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Andrasta and DustyMonkey like this.