1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New VvV Sigils

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gamer1970, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Gamer1970

Gamer1970 Visitor

I have spent quite a bit of time finding these, it's great to have something new to do. I like that it's a bit hard to find them, and recently found that they don't always spawn in the same place :) My question is, once I steal the sigil, what do I do with it, where am I supposed to "place" it? ... have not seen anything about this yet. Thanks.

Viquire likes this.
  2. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

There are priests that spawn near the Silver Trader, you can turn it in to either one of them.

Gamer1970 and Viquire like this.
  3. Gamer1970

Gamer1970 Visitor

Awesome, thanks!

4. Gamer1970

Gamer1970 Visitor

*wonders how many sigil spawn locations there are per city ... hmmm*

Viquire likes this.
  5. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

There are 5 per city.

Gamer1970 and Viquire like this.
  6. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

I still cant find them.

7. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I finally found my first one the other day... Got a bit of an adrenaline rush when I snuck off with it. *grins*

Gamer1970 likes this.
  8. Gamer1970

Gamer1970 Visitor

I have found three in Skara, two in Yew, one in Minoc and one in Moonglow so far.

9. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

So far I've found 3 in minoc, 2 in glow, 2 in yew, 2 in brit, 2 in ocllo, 2 in jhelom, 2 in trinsic, 1 in skara. I usually win before I'm able to find more. :sad2:

10. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Can we make it so when carrying the sigil, you can't stealth..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Or give us a skill that can detect hidden people.

Lieutenant Dan! likes this.
  12. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Or make it so VvV isn't a stupid stealther game...idk! From what I understood it was to benefit PvP..Running around on a tracker/detector isn't exactly pvp..but apparently it is to everyone else. I just don't see the point of literally spending 15-20 minutes trying to track/detect the morons who are there just to be freaking annoying and stop the progression timer. Especially when the battle is in Britain. I do like the way the game/system is set up..it just has no fail safes for morons trying to grief and ruin it..take it with a grain of salt I guess. I was just under the impression it would be a pvp thing. Not a cat and mouse game of who can detect the stealther for 2 seconds before he smoke bombs first rinse and repeat..there are better ways to set it up. You can stealth the whole match and steal the sigil and not be able to hide/stealth until it's off your person. It makes you "actually" have to play the little mini game. But instead we have to run trackers/detectors instead of actually fighting, stupid IMO.

Quickblade likes this.
  13. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

So pvp is just whacking each other with weapons/casting spells at each other? Sounds kinda boring to me. I enjoy the cat and mouse game, it's alot more fun than most think. There isn't really any reason to force them to be visible while holding a sigil when we have skills that can do it. Not using them is your choice.

watchertoo likes this.
  14. watchertoo

watchertoo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have 4 in Britain, 2 in Occlo, 3 in Trinsic, 3 in Moonglow, 4 in Skara and 4 in Minoc. Same here ... I can't keep the towns active long enough to find them all :(

15. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Trap your Town !!

VvV allows for a good number and variety of Traps which, if laid around cleverly around the Sigils, WILL reveal and dearly hurt the stealer...

Use them to your advantage !!

16. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I told you all 1 week ago, this is basicaly a stealth mini-game , you would need detect hidden or trackign skill on your pvper now to compete... hopefully they change it so at least they cant stealth while carrying the sigil.
    something I dont understand too is why returning sigils gives more points than altars or kills ? I mean if anything kills/altars should give more than sigils stealing and it should also decrease the enemy bar progression, not only increase yours.

#16 Quickblade, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  17. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, nerf thieves. It's time we broke the monopoly of fun thieves have in UO.

18. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

I stole and returned 2 sigils today for the first time and I didn't get that many darn points! In fact, I wondered if they were even worth doing.

19. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't have an issue with the points theives get, I don't think it's a nerd to force you to actually be involved in PvP, if your participating in a "SUPPOSED" PvP system..the stealth with sigil is all I'm saying is stupid..stealth around detecting the sigils and trying to steal them all you want. But stealthing around town with the sigil is stupid period.. You're just getting grinding points and it makes the "rewards" useless and eventually not sought after..also another issue I have is a 10 charge remove stat potion for 500 points..atleast make it harder to get cmon..might as well not even have stat at all for that price. I can grind up 5000 points in 5-6 matches with absolutely zero resistance at a down time in an hour or so..