1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New War Rewards

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cerwin Vega, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Did anyone figure out if the blackrock stew is really how you bond your bane dragon and what does the reward from the other side do?

2. Mark_Mythic

Mark_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I'm just curious, has anyone really figured out what the Ophidian potions do? I haven't seen a post yet that has it figured out.

Reminds me of the Exploding Tar Potion we put in SA, I have never seen anyone post what that one does either. Has anyone used them? I'll go ahead and spill the ETP, it's a forced walk potion.

Happy hunting!

3. Jhym

Jhym Guest

wow... it surprises me no pvper has used those.

Or perhaps they are and everyone thinks they are speedhacking.

lol

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think the average PvPer doesn't want to really have to do so much PvM just to get one item that's expendable. But maybe I'm wrong there :p

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Buy them from PvM'ers? Just a suggestion.

6. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the ETP info. Now I can stop throwing them on my mates and trying to light them up with fireballs and torches. Unfortunately I made them all stay stationary when I was torturing, I mean testing on them. Now I know the rest of the story.

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I don't know why anyone would buy what sleep already does, unless you're a PvPer without friends and then I guess I could see a player spending money or time getting every potion known to man to help them in their solo career :).

8. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

uoguide.com

Its been known since shortly after this hit TC. Branch out to the other fan sites...

9. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

UOGuide - like Stratics - isn't always necessarily right. Given that nobody has confirmed their use (and that neither UOGuide nor Stratics new the function of the ETP), I would say that the effects of the potions is still *somewhat* speculative.

10. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Worse yet, uoherald.com often spreads misinformation. And we've gotten wrong FoF answers before.

11. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Well I'm going to assume that the fear potion makes people scared :lol:. I bet it works like slasher/stygian dragon when they freeze you.

12. Dubar

Dubar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

fear potions-
    60 sec cooldown
    ranged stun (might be aoe)
    breaks on damage
    resistable

shatter potions-
    minute+ cooldown
    randomly breaks 8+ potions in your targets pack
    consumed even if target has no potions
    chance to miss your targets potions

13. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm testing Tasty treats ability to bond the bane dragons. I've also heard you need 2000 loyalty to bond them Is this true has anyone confirmed. cause if it is I'm gonna have to sit on my tamer killing the 1 pointers till the end of freaking time.

I really hope tasty treats work.

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

On test center I don't think we needed any loyalty to tame, or bond.

15. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

The real question about this reward is: there will be another way to get this potions/stew after this event?
    Because if the answer is no, it's all useless:
    - taming bane dragon: without stew you can't bond it, but if in the future it will lose loyalty? without a new source of stew will stay in the stable.
    - new potions: nice, but I can finish them very quickly and if I have no way to get it, I'll keep them as deco item.

16. Chap

Chap Babbling Loonie

Answer: make it craftable.

17. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

UO Events : Filling players storage with "rares" since 1997.

18. maroite

maroite Guest

Why would I use shatter potions? Destroy the pots I could just loot off their dead body?

Should have made it a thieving potion. "Has a random chance to teleport X amount of pots from targets backpack to your own."

19. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend

I'm just curious, do half of you guys even play UO? Every time I say that it always sounds snarky, even to me. The problem is you guys consistantly add things to the game that don't seem to make any sense. This event is the perfect example.

bane dragon-PvP/PvM(permanent reward) > potions-PvP(temporary reward)

So if you don't PvP you obviously don't want to side with the Ophidians.

As it is, the way this event is geared I will have to join a side I don't want to in order to be successfully at it.

***DICLAIMER The idea that the two sides are at att odds and the players can join in is great.

The rewards have to be equally appealing in order for this to happen the way it is intended. It is painfully obvious that you guys/gals have little idea as to what is appealing to players currently. This needs to be corrected somehow.

20. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

On my shard (Sonoma) EVERYONE joined the bane side. My guild of 10 people are the only people who joined the Ophids. It took us until 1:00 est to win our first battle, and of course we were "greifing" because we chose the underdog side. Right now I think I am the only player on Sonoma that can get the potions... I wonder if it is the same way on other shards.

21. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Pinco, don't forget also that without a future supply of blackrock stew, the bane dragons will probably mostly stay with their original owners. Unless a new owner that receives one in trade (or finds one that someone released or let go wild) has their own supply of blackrock stew sitting around, they won't be able to bond with their new pet.

Cal did hint last week there will be a way to find food for them after the event is over, but gave no details:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1759839&postcount=4

I'm curious to hear whether using them to kill things will have any effect on a character's fame, karma, and/or loyalty points.

22. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

let's hope its true, and not like the "Seeker of Truth" event where the reward item (except the gorget of honesty) have no way to be obtained...

23. Can anyone tell me what item do you get from the ophidians side chest. i know you can get the bracers from the bane side but what about the ophidians? Thx all

24. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

Did anyone happen to read the story addition Mythic put up yesterday?

I was curious about Queen Dawns comment on the Banes seeming close in appearance to the Chaos warriors? I asked on Napa as well... but does anyone think that siding with the Banes might be a bad thing when whatever Mythic is cooking starts to unfold? With Minax peeking in... and then the conversation in the story...

The whole "building loyalty" and it locking to your character... just seems.. ominous now.

25. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Absolutely!

And I don't know who'd say you were griefing, working the opposing side is advantageous to both sides. More points all around!

26. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

*you begin to swing a tar potion towards a speed hacker*

27. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Soooo any word on ophid chest items? ive won a few rounds with ophids and nothin new yet. Banes arent really that bad to kill, only hard to win when tons of people are killin ophids faster, hopefully the repond slayer addition will help on that.