1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Newb explanation to unraveling weighting requested

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by UO Relic, Oct 8, 2010.

1. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Ok have read many posts but am definetly missing the boat understanding how to understand the weighting to unraveling.

Some posts point to Magic Effects Table

Ok so most of the imbueing weights are between 1 to 2, well you can only have so many properties on an item so how do you get to 400 - 600 range suggested for relic frags??

Tried the FAQ and you get
    KWC with Bronze Hammer:
    150% from HP Regen 3
    80% from 40% DI
    165% to 300% intensity from three additional properties

= 395% to 530% if DI not one of the properties
    = 342% to 370% if DI rolled as a property*

?? Where do I figure out that HP regen 3 is 150% that doesnt make sense to the magic weight imbue table link from above is there another table??? To be honest his explanations come across as meaningless rambeling since I cant understand where he is deriving his numbers or percents from, Sorry not meant as an insult just stating what I am feeling

I just want an idea on how to tell a difference between junk and something that can be unraveled for relic, or to tell when something is close so that if I add special materials or imbue it that I would get a relic in return and no i am NOT a math wizard or well versed in speaking in numerical formulaes :confused:
    I have a large bag of items that I still cant unravel at 87 skill so far and when I compare them to items that I can successfully unravel some of them come across as junk or lower in my mind that it escapes me how they could be relics *rolls eyes in frustration*
  2. Pandaros

Pandaros Guest

There is a page here where you can check the imbuing weight of different properties. The 150% intensity is derived using the fact that the imbuing weight of hp regen is 1, i.e. you get 100% for 2 hp regen (which is the max you can imbue) so it should be 150% for 3 hp regen. If you visit a soulforge and use the imbuing skill you can also see the imbuing weight of the properties on an item.
  3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    hp regen max craftable normally is 2 so each 1 is + to 50% so a regen 3 item would be 50+50+50
  4. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Quick way of figuring the imbuing weight of a property
    Take the property and divide it by the max and multiply it by 100.

So some examples
    HP Regen is 3
    The set max from that table is 2 (which unless the item is a special item is all you can ever get)
    3/2 = 1.5
    1.5 * 100 = 150 Imbue Weight

Damage Increase is 40%
    The max is set at 50% (I know everyone has some weaps above this, but again this is the normal max)
    40/50 = .8
    .8 * 100 = 80 Imbue Weight

For items with 5 properties you add up each property's individual weight and see what you got.
    I won't confuse you with the formula if the item has more than 5 properties. (unless you ask)
    And also these formulas are for unravelling and not imbuing which throw in other factors.
    The imbuing menu will show you the modified imbuing weight and thus is not reliable for figuring out what the unravelling weight is.