1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Newb Question (sorta), Splintering weapons

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Duke_Hammerfest, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Duke_Hammerfest

Duke_Hammerfest Adventurer

Question: are splintering weapons worth anything as far as selling them to players? i assume they are used for PVP?
    sorry if it sounds like a newb questions, but ive been saving them and would like to know wether to keep/sell/ unravel them . thanks !

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

It really depends on the type of weapon and what other mods it has.

Things like butchers knife and war forks are popular and can sell for hundreds of millions.

PvP mods like hit spell, HLD etc will also add value.

Duke_Hammerfest likes this.
  3. Duke_Hammerfest

What is the value of these weapons? as far as usage i mean. since you say they can go for hundreds of millions. do they add an effect? dont they break when you use them ?

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

They ware down fast due to the splinter effect. As long as they aren't imbued you can just apply powder of fort to them over and over to bring the durability up.

5. Duke_Hammerfest

i guess i dont understand why they go for millions if they break? do they give some kind of unfair advantage in PVP ?

6. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yea... the quick explanation...

1) Splinter Effect is Forced SLOW aka Walk + Bleed and is hit effect
    2) It can go off with a special move.. Say DISARM.. so know your Disarmed (no defense) + Walking + Bleeding.... HUGELY Powerful
    3) Splinter Weapons lose Durability FAST.. but can have Powder applied to fix this...
    4) You cannot powder up an imbured item.. hence you cannot powder up Splinter weapons.. SO because of this if it comes with PvP mods it's worth a TON... Why???? because people enjoy PvP and better gear improves your odds...

Example.. Disarm Archer 210 Stam suit.... + splinter Warfork... Aka Disarms target and gets luck with splinter effect going off... Target is disarmed.. walking ... bleeding.. and eating 1.25 swing speed moving shots..

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Like I posted above, they only break if they are imbued. If not imbued you can just apply powder of fort to bring the durability right back up. This is why the prices vary alot with different splinter weapons. Post up some examples of the kinda things you have found and we can help you out more.

8. Duke_Hammerfest

ok thanks for all the replies yall. gonna have to look up my bag to see what ive got then :)

9. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Assassin Honed Weapons are the way to go, My Assassin Honed Yumi is deadly :devil:

:thumbup: