1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Newb training question.

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Tomarke, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

I am training my first crafting profession since taking a break from the game a few years ago, back then there was no heartwood quests. Are all of the recipes i'm getting single use or permanent once learned? Just asking because i have bagloads of them and was wondering if i need to keep all of them.

2. Permanent once you learn a recipe.

You might consider selling your extras as a package on a vendor for other returning vets, but you won't make a lot of money that way.

If you have soulstones, I would suggest trading off your trained craft skills and using the recipes on your other characters. Many times I've wanted to give one of my non-crafters a crafting skill, but didn't have the recipes handy.

3. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

thanks for the info

4. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

Follow up on this line:

As a human, I technically have 20% lumberjacking. Is it feasable to operate a Bowcrafter without lumberjacking support?

I'm on Siege for this character, so skills are at a premium.... here's what I'm working with right now:

Musicianship
    Discordance
    Archery (Swords right now to build str and since I'm using my axe)
    Tactics
    Tailoring
    Bowcraft/Fletching
    Armslore

I was either going to do 80/20 with Bowcraft/Lumberjack so I could make exceptional Composite Bows or I was going to just go to GM Bowcraft and depend on my human level of lumberjacking to get my logs.

I'm a new account, so I don't have all the extra stats/skills for vet status....

What do you think?