1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Dagger.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tark_Smash, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Tark_Smash

Tark_Smash Guest

Anybody want to sell me a newbie dagger? How much do they go for?

2. I don't have that, but I have a blessed UBWS dagger.

3. Feyre

Feyre Guest

Yea newbie daggers became worthless when they put in those quests, just go to the guy in the lycacium in glow and start his quest and send the dagger to the bank and cancel your quest, then go get it out.

4. Tark_Smash

Tark_Smash Guest

Ah, thanks for the info.

5. Shad-SP

Shad-SP Guest

Ok, did all that and then took it out of bank. Is it suppose to still say blessed quest item?

6. Feyre

Feyre Guest

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I just got one... they are great! But I have a feeling they will become unblessed some time on Siege [​IMG]

Kind regards

8. not to be a dope, well i guess i am being one, but which guy in the layceum, the elf fellow wont speak to me, he just ignores me.

Thanks

edit*** nevermind i found him, Fabrizio is his name

9. <blockquote><hr>

Yea newbie daggers became worthless when they put in those quests, just go to the guy in the lycacium in glow and start his quest and send the dagger to the bank and cancel your quest, then go get it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That sucks...got about a half dozen newbie daggers and katanas. [​IMG]

10. Feyre

Feyre Guest

Well when and if they ever fix it they will be worth something again till then, too bad.

11. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Has anybody done this recently?

I was helping out a newb, and suggested he do this, but he said he couldn't send it to the bank. User error, or a stealth fix?

12. Kat SP

Kat SP Guest

User error me thinks. It worked yesterday.

13. HalfDead

HalfDead Guest

Ok, I just tried it, and it's not working for me either. [​IMG]

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Are you all sending it to the bank with a BOS and then cancelling the quest?
    If you cancel the quest 1st, the item disappears. If you try to "place" it in your bank, that doesnt work either. You have to BOS it.
    [​IMG]

15. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Has anybody done this recently?

I was helping out a newb, and suggested he do this, but he said he couldn't send it to the bank. User error, or a stealth fix?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I haven't done the dagger quest, but that happened to me on the Dread Spider silk quest...I was unable to send the first quest item to the bank, before or after canceling the quest. But subsequent ones I collected (with the original one in my pack) went to the bank fine. Sometimes I haven't been able to drop the blessed quest item until I cancel the quest from the menu - it just rubberbands back to my pack when I try to discard it. Other times I have been been able to drop it, and the quest item goes instantly *poof* and the quest log is subsquently updated saying FAILED. I have had various results with the quest items, but haven't done any serious study of what happens each time.

-Skylark

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I used a BOS too and it worked fine.

Kind regards

17. HalfDead

HalfDead Guest

awww, thats what I did wrong. TY

18. HalfDead

HalfDead Guest

K, it worked [​IMG]