1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie question

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Santo Cristo, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Santo Cristo

Santo Cristo Guest

ok, really stupid question here. I was hunting in wind (liches and deamons)testing some new macros when I realized that my stats were lowered 40%. Any ideas why? How do I fix this?

Thanks

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

By stats, you mean Str/Int/Dex right?

Most likely a lich casted a curse on you. Will wear off after a couple of minutes (timer gets reset if you are hit by another curse).

To view the effects you are under, bring up the buff indicator.

See here for more details:
    http://www.uoguide.com/Buff_Bar

3. Santo Cristo

Santo Cristo Guest

The stats that I was refering to was my skills. For example, I have magery at 120 and it was down to 80 points. I believe that's the main reason why I was fizzling so much.

How do I remove the curse? Is this what enchanted apples are for?

So many new things.... Hard for a returning player, keep imagining whats like for a new player!

4. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Yup, you can remove curses by eating enchanted apples or via the chiv spell "Remove curse".

But it doesn't affect skills, only stats. Is magery the only skill affected? There are a couple of things I can think of that that will reduce skills -

1) mage weapon (this only affects magery)
    2) faction stat loss (only if you are in factions)
    3) getting discorded by satyrs (this wears out after around 10 secs as long as you move out of the satyrs' line of sight)
    4) bug with equipping +magery skill jewelry that involves a vendor (this was fixed recently, but your char may be still affected, call gm if you remember messing around with a vendor)

Other less likely possibilities:
    5) if you have not played this char for a very long time, do you remember if you have 120 real skill, or were you using items to boost your magery to 120?

6) any chance you toggled between looking at real skill instead of displayed skill on the skills gump?

5. Santo Cristo

Santo Cristo Guest

All my skills are 120 real (traditional necro mage) and they were all down to 80 points. I think you nailed it when you said "faction loss" as I am in factions. Where can I read more about faction loss?

Thank you for your help

6. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Direct from the source :

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=208